Carrollton, Kentucky
Interest Rate

Update by user May 15, 2016

I didn't know loan sharing was legal but apparently it's part of this companies practice. I got a completely different result from Eagle Financial so I know what a company can do.

This company is an example of why you shouldn't contact a creditor.

This loan was sold to me with the idea of rebuilding credit. Instead they worked to hurt my credit.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2016

They lead me to believe that they were a way to rebuild my credit. I took out a loans with them and Eagle Finance to do so.

I ran into job issues which caused financial hardship. I called both companies to set up temporary payment arrangements. Eagle had me come in with my financial information and started me on a 90 day plan. I wound up paying the loan off and my account is listed in good standing.

Springleaf would not negotiate without $500 which I didn't have and then promptly sent to to a predatory debt collector who got a summary judgement against me. I called the debt collector to again try to set up a payment schedule I could afford. He knew he had the upper hand and set a payment plan I told him I couldn't afford. Recently I have been trying to clean up my credit and Springleaf was showing as being written off on my credit bureau.

I called the number for Springleaf on the bureau attempting to set up a payment plan to make good on the loan. She transferred me to someone both of them leaving me to believe it was Springleaf instead it being the collection agency. He told me not to call him but he would call me back. Instead he garnisheed my wages from my new employer for 25% of my income.

I called to find out what was going on and they were abusive and accusing me of things I didn't do.

The name of this firm is Bleecker Brodey and Andrews. Not only have I been mislead from the beginning but mislead and taken advantage of everytime I tried to make good on my loan.

They also did not disclose all the information on interest and told me the insurance was free until I found out what I was paying for it and canceled it.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has issues with either of these companies.

This reviewer shared experience about "deception" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). tjpolo1956 is overall dissatisfied with Springleaf Financial. The most disappointing about springleaf financial loan at Springleaf Financial was abusive and would rather destroy persons credit than work with client Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Springleaf Financial.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Springleaf Financial to other companies on our site.

Comments

Boone County, Kentucky, United States #1172459

When I called to set up payments to pay off the write off they transferred me to an abusive collection agency and let me think I was still speaking with Springleaf. I have a credit counselor working with me and we called from his office and couldn't get through. I left a message and no one called me back.