Springleaf Financial - Simple Review #1469673675

Interest Rate

Stay away from this company, if you're refinancing your home, their just a shill for sps servicing. You Will Regret It,read the complaints on this company

Springleaf Financial - Transfer from HSBC to Springleaf nightmare

Interest Rate

We had a loan that transferred from HSBC to Springleaf that was in loan modification. Springleaf has lied time and time again.

1. I wanted to pay the deferred disability amount and the girl said I could do that so I specifically made 2 payments. One for the normal amount and the second for the disability amount. On my next statement I saw the amount was not applied to the deferred disability. I was told by another representative that I was told incorrectly and that they could not do that. This is just one example of many.

2. When my loan mod was up I received a notice but it did not specify what the amount would be so I called and they told me they did not know what the new amount was. Really????

3. Received a call from the collections department telling me I was past due thousands of dollars even though my statement said I was current and owed $281.50 which was the modified payment amount. Oops we will fix it!!! Really??? Do you think I believe them? Not.

4. My spouse is now on disability and called to get the forms for the insurance claim. Instead they sent the policy. The number on the policy is disconnected.

5. Talked to a supervisor who gave me another number. That number was also disconnected.

6. Called Springleaf again and got a good number. I spoke with the insurance rep who said we only had life and not disability. WRONG!!!! Told her to look at the policy they sent us. We are waiting for them to investigate.

Stay away from Springleaf!!!! They are liars and thieves.

Cannot wait until spouse is off disability to refinance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Refinance.

I didn't like: Lack of resolution, Customer service.

Evansville, Indiana, United States #967117

Springleaf Financial Services would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact Springleaf ‘s Executive Office of Customer Care at (800) 457-3741, ext. 5416 for assistance with this matter.

Springleaf Financial - Refinance Review from Helena, Montana

3.0

These people can't even place your payment on the right account !

When this was corrected they call today saying the account the money went was corrected the following day and now I'm told my one loan is now behind wtf!!take your plan info and go to your bank and refinance ! This company isa scam ohorrible uneducated service and lack there of !!

Run away as fast as you can !!!! You have been warned good luck to you .

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Refinance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Evansville, Indiana, United States #967113

We're sorry to hear you are having customer service issues. Please email executive.customercare@springleaf.com with the best way to reach you so that we can assist.

Springleaf Financial - Stalking After I Paid Off My Loan

Update by user Dec 25, 2013

Springleaf Financial finally put me on their Do Not Solicit List, so I would not get further solicitations by mail or phone calls from them, but I had to contact the Better Business Bureau for help in resolving this problem.

Original review posted by user Nov 25, 2013

My Loan was paid in full, and since that time I have been bombarded with mail and phone calls to take out another loan. When I ignored the mail and phone calls, I got more mail and phone calls for these unwanted solicitations.

My phone is unlisted and I am on the Do Not Call List in Florida. My request to Springleaf Financial Headquarters to stop harassing me was ignored.

My next step will be to contact Law Enforcement for help! If I had wanted an additional loan, I would have contacted them directly, so therefore do not appreciate this type of harassment!

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Refinance.

Comments

eanfussylady
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States #800162

I contacted the district office and corporate office of Springleaf Financial, prior to contacting the Better Business Bureau and other Government agencies for help. I am also on the Government's Do Not Call List, so Springleaf Financial did break the law by stalking me, which they could have been prosecuted for.

No one that I know of likes to be stalked, a form of harassment! People need to check out the law before making comments!

Lebanon, Tennessee, United States #799942

No laws were broken. The DNC list is for cold calling only.

He states he was a customer therefore the DNC did not apply.

He never mentioned in his post that he ever called the company to ask that the calls stop.

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States #748508

People have the choice of choosing whom they want in their life, and the choice of not having their time wasted with solicitations. That is why the Government (FTC) originated the Do Not Call Helpline, and prosecute individuals who violate it. In this case it is Springleaf Financial who chose not to abide by this law!

Ohio City, Ohio, United States #748387

You are going to call law enforcement for solicitation? Entitled much? Grow a pair.

to Uraweirdo #748509

In this case laws were broken, so perhaps you should do some research before you make inappropriate comments! It pays to be well informed!

Evansville, Indiana, United States #748270

Springleaf Financial Services would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact Springleaf Compliance Services at (800) 457-3741, ext. 5232 for assistance with this matter.

View more comments

Springleaf Financial - Second mortgage

We have a second mortgage with Springleaf and they refuse to subordinate their loan in order to allow us to refinance our first mortgage for a much lower interest rate. Our Springleaf loan is 12.75, they offered to refinance as a personal loan at 22.00%.

That would cost us more than we could save by refinancing.

I think that they think their customers are ***. This has happened to us 2 times now and I don't understand why subordinating the loan to allow the first mortgage to remain in first place would harm Springleaf Financial Services in any way.

Springleaf Financial - I have a loan and no one told me - $12,500

I applied for a refinance on my home loan. The mortgage rep.

called me hours later asking why I didn't disclose my home equity loan. What? Now, my refinance loan with my mortgage company may not be completed. It seems at some point, without my signature or oral consent, Springleaf employees have opened this line of credit and secured it with my home!

I am furious. I have a loan for a home improvement which has a balance of $615. from 2 years ago that is going to be paid off 8 months early. The company that I got their financing sold me a piece of *** Heat/AC Unit, with multiple repairs in the first two years, its bull a long slow scr3w.

How did they pull this stunt?

ILLEGALLY! They will be sorry, believe me.

Comments

Really? I'm doubt there was any wrong doing, you just didn't read and signed it..Bunch of bull. I got a loan, I know what I signed...

No register of deeds in any government will record a deed of trust document without your signature. The company also has to provide proof of the mortgage being valid.

If you had a loan previous and did not close out your line of credit the company cannot release the deed of trust. That is all on you!