Springleaf Financial - Bad loan practice

Interest Rate

I got a loan i think in 2015...long story short... thought the interest rate was 3.4% but turned out to be 34% which i think is over state law limit...the girl that finalized the paper work failed to go over the rate part after i told her i left my glasses at home and could not read the contract..i know my fault im a dummie and trust people...and of course i stopped paying on it and it is now on my credit report..i dont want a law suit just admit they screwed up and call it even which i know wont happen....hoping someone will give me some good leagl advice as i am not abale to afford an attorney to fight a big company like spring -leaf

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Reason of review: deceiving loan practices.

Preferred solution: I dont want to file any law suits or have to file bankruptcy, just an apology and lets call it even.

I didn't like: Very bad and misleading loan officer.

Comments

No, they didn't "screw up"! YOU failed to READ the contract BEFORE you signed it.

YOU knew there was a contract signing and YOU could have returned to your home to get your glasses.

YOU chose to NOT do that. However, in very typical sorry deadbeat fashion, like most of the other whiners here, its all their fault, isn't it?

Springleaf Financial - No problem!

I applied for a loan with Springleaf online. Emailed them some documents and got the loan.

LOVED that I didnt have to talk to ANYONE!

Made my payments and actually paid loan off early! Then they became OneMain and I havent been able to get a loan again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Reason of review: Fast order processing.

Springleaf Financial - Would definitely consider someone else

I only have a general review. I started using Springleaf when I was in dire straits and needed some help.

They sort of suck you in when they call (and it always seems to be at just the time you are a little desperate) and you apply for more money and before you know it, you are into them for bunches of money and it seems like the loan will never be paid off.

I have come along way and almost got sucked in again earlier this year, but found the strength to say NO! The rates are pretty high and I will be so happy to get this paid off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

What you're saying is YOU have no control of your own actions!

to Anonymous #1426084

What you’re saying is you’re a douchebag!

to Anonymous #1507490

Exatly

Springleaf Financial - The interest rate absorbent since you bought One Main Financ

Your interest rates are out of control you charge me 35.99% interest for the loan plus you charge me everyday compounding interest you guys are a rip-off why don't you review it and start giving people a break you guys are absolutely ridiculous by the time it's all done I'll be paying over $13,000 for a $6,000 loan again you guys are ridiculous I wanted a little help to get me further long but you got me in debt now you sons of b******

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

APR is determined by YOUR credit reputation. Why didn't you get a loan from a bank, with a much lower APR?

Oh yes...I see...the bank's wouldn't do business with you! The daily rate is the extra interest YOU generate for them when YOU are late.

Another thing totally under your control! Since you won't like what I said and cannot provide a decent rebuttal, don't bother saying, "you must work for them"...because I don't!!!

to Anonymous #1367805

How mean can you be Anonymous? Some people are NOT able to get a loan from the bank for one reason or the other.

That doesn't make them bad, but it does put them at the mercy of people like OneMain who charge such high interest rates. But some of us have NO choice. I was pushed to this myself thanks to my ex who decided he didn't want any responsibilities and walked out leaving me with everything!!!

I had no choice when I needed to repair my car and trying to pay all this debt on my own, a bank loan was not in the picture. So stop being so hateful and have a little empathy for those of us who are apparently not at fortunate as yourself.

to cat #1432147

Obviously in the Animus is a trump supporter and a mick Mulvaney bend over buddy

Springleaf Financial - Horrible company.

I paid my loan off finally after about 10 yrs in 2014,ok so I do a credit check at the beginning of August 2017 and find delinquent marks on my credit reported by springleaf in 2015,my loan was paid in full how can they do this?

Springleaf Financial - Payments

I have had a loan with Springleaf for 3 years. I had my monthly payments to come directly out my bank account each month.

Last year I received a call from the branch in Douglasville, Ga informing me that they have been taking my payments out of someone else bank account. Now, based on my bank statements from Regions bank which is in my husbands name they were taking my payment every month. Now I owe them over 3000.00 for a 500.00 loan. My question, if they were taking my payments out of someone else account, wouldn't the other customer realized it before 6 months and wouldn't the company realize it.

I think something fraudulent is definitely going on. And in April of this year I made a payment on my account on April 28 2017 and they took it upon themselves to take another payment out on April 29.2017. I then called and requested a manager and the manger did inform that he has requested that a paper check be mailed to me and that it takes 30 days.

Today is June 9 2017 and I still have not received my money. I am going to get a lawyer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Reason of review: overall account.

Comments

Replying to.... "I have had a loan with Springleaf for 3 years.I had my monthly payments to come directly out my bank account each month."

Don't YOU check your bank account each month??/ if they were taking the money out of someone elses account, would you not of noticed the money was not deducted from your account???

and three years have gone by and you never check the balance of your own bank account???? until you got a call from them???

to Dee #1367167

Don't you know that's the "American" way in this society? They have a checking account, they don't keep a register or written record of checks and debits, the never balance their account.

They have no clue of what the balance is because they never keep an on going, running balance. When they give themselves NSF fees, it's the bank's fault!

to Anonymous #1471356

I don’t have that problem. I don’t have overdraft to worry about nsf fees. By he way I do keep a running balance and always know exactly what is in my account.

Springleaf Financial - Simple Review #1492121970

Interest Rate

Make payments every month, then suddenly they are calling 5 times a day saying i haven paid in 3 month.....really what a *** business. Now suing them with all my receipts.

Springleaf Financial - Do not Use THIS Company

Do not ever use this company or their products. My wife got a loan through this company and used her car as collateral.

They had her include her registration cost into the loan and said that they would pay it for her. They didn't and cost her 6 months of late fees. Then when she paid off her loan early, in Nov 16', they forgot to submit the paperwork to give her back the title of her car and we are just now getting the paperwork back from the DMV. It is April 2017.

Also, they forgot to put the city of where the car is registered, so my wife needs to go into the DMV with the paperwork and turn it into them. Worst company ever.

Sunny is a joke of a manager. Go anywhere else you possibly can to get money for a loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Splashfun
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #1344893

Horrible company!!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1312781

"6 months of late fees"

So it took you 6 months to learn about this?

to Anonymous Lee's Summit, Missouri, United States #1343771

Maybe it took six months to straighten it out

Springleaf Financial - Simple Review #1489869852

2.4
Interest Rate

When paying on my bill,lets say is 200 dollars every month. 195 will go on int.and only 5 dollars on loan

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Springleaf Financial - No other Choice!

I have used them for years, because my husband and I could get the money fast. When we noticed the interest rates kept going up each time we borrowed money we finally stopped borrowing from them.

The employees had the personalities of someone who was being bothered. My daughter also had a loan through them and was behind, and when I came in to pay on my account they wanted me to pay for hers too. Let me say that it got ugly and I started to use another location to pay on my loan.

Since we paid off the account my husband and I have decided to NEVER borrow from them again. Be warned from me and others that this is not a good company to borrow money from.

Comments

Oh yes...it's not a good company because they expect your daughter to pay on time, right???

to Anonymous #1393523

no because its her daughter's loan and problem not theirs. the loan was granted on the daughters credit so why are they bothering the mother? it's not her loan!