Springleaf Financial Auto Loan Review from San Francisco, California

Interest Rate

I needed to get a 7000 dollar loan. I make 140,000 a year.

Since I had a car loan they wanted to finance that as well. Being in the situation I was in I had no choice but to go ahead with the loan. I asked them over and over how things would work if I wanted to sell my car but they never had an answer for me. Now I found out I can't sell my car until the loan is paid off!

I feel misled BUT it's my fault for not reading the fine print. I can't wait until they put they crooks and payday advance shops out of business.

The interest is insane. Unless you're in dire need stay away from places like these.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1200267

Thank you for your comments and for bringing this matter to our attention. We would be happy to discuss these concerns with you.

Please email executive.customercare@springleaf.com with your phone number and best times to reach you so that we can call you to discuss your concerns. You may also call us directly at Springleaf ‘s Executive Office of Customer Care at 888-864-0332, option 4, for assistance with this matter.

Springleaf Financial Auto Loan Review from Sapulpa, Oklahoma

This place is a joke. My mom had a car wreck and I was trying to help her out so I applied online for 4000 dollar loan and was approved.

I called the springleaf in Sapulpa and sent them my check stubs and my 2015 w-2. I made 92000 dollars in 2015 and was told I could not get the loan because they can't calculate the overtime in my salary. I work in refineries doing turnarounds and if everyone don't knows what that is it means I work 84+ hours a week. That's the nature of my job.

So now, a day wasted because they would not call me back to tell me that. I had to call 4 times and go up there before I found out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

SpringleafFinancial
Evansville, Indiana, United States #1216332

Springleaf Financial - Ripping people off,with payoff amounts.

I had a loan with my car. 1) Didn't tell me I needed full coverage ,got it.2)Had total losse on car,insurance called for pay off gave one amount and when they payed it ,said I owed more then the pay off .

Called they gave me one amount and then they took more out of my account and said I owe more. That is stealing for people. You can't say one thing and do something else. I WOUID NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY?

We work hard and they set and tell you one thing and do something different. The interest you pay a month and principal you never will pay it off.$189.00 a month 101.31 interest and $87.89 to principal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Rip off .

Springleaf Financial - Great company until when you request the services that you pay for. Such LIARS

So, I have a title loan. Yes, I reliaze it's a high debt to get in to but at the time I had no other choice.

Now, I can deal with the payments being $157 a month. The length of time of the loan, is crazy but I figured I would get it paid off before I pay thousands more on what I actually borrowed. Okay so lets get to my complaint! When I was doing my contract and going over the extra insurance that I'm paying for, I was told that if the car was to break down and the cost of repair is more than the what the car is worth or the loan owed, that they would just take the car and we would be at wash on the situation.

Okay great, is what I was thinking. Not that I was hoping for needing that service but glad it was being offered. Well, what do you know, the car is broke down with what is to believe major electrical issues. The cost to get it fix is more than what I owe!

When I called the office to file the claim and find out exactly what I needed to do, their response "I don't know where you got your information but we don't do such a thing". Like for real??? So, you are saying I pulled this info out of my butt??? Why in the world would I do such a thing?

First, I am never late as I'm setup for automatic payments. So the stuff I'm paying extra on my loan is just a joke and them charging bogus insurance!!! Don't go to them.

I thought it was great for the first year and half but now they have lied to me and I don't like doing business with people who lie. It's not right and I have already filed a former complaint.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Definitely out of your butt. What kinda insurance pays for auto repairs - auto insurance.

What kinda lender is just gonna "take the car and let that be a wash?" Didn't you say it was broken down in need of repair? Why would they want a broken down car?

Whose responsible for their own property - the owner of the car. ***.

to Anonymous Lee's Summit, Missouri, United States #1302882

The troll

Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States #1180829

My line of credit with Springleaf is 18% ,and I had it for over 5 years. My problem is the loan is not going down at all.

What I do to get it to go away. My car loan is down faster then is.

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1179726

Please email executive.customercare@springleaf.com with your phone number and best times to reach you so that we can call you to discuss your concerns. You may also call us directly at Springleaf ‘s Executive Office of Customer Care at (888) 864-0332, option 4, for assistance with this matter.

View more comments

Springleaf Financial - Auto Loan Review from Lake City, Minnesota

Lake City,Minnesota
Interest Rate

Payed off loan. They wont send me tite to car. They keep putting it off going to go Fox News show how they are screwing Vets.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Comments

SpringleafFinancial

Springleaf Financial Auto Loan Review from Aurora, Colorado

Interest Rate

I took a personal loan out in November 2013 for a motorcycle. At the time the intrest wasnt bad.

5000 bike plus interest came to 8880. After paying on the loan for 10 months they said i qualified for an additional loan of 1300. So i went ahead got it also. This is where everything gets sketchie.

The bike was paid down to 5200 and the extra loan of 1300 makes 6500 minus intrest. I now have a 4 year loan that by the time i pay it off i will have paid 14640. When i call and ask how my loan got so high the girl just says its intrest.

Sketchie company i tell you. Stay away

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1182512

Same thing happened to me!!! I'm getting a lawyer to help with this. After a year of payments over $200 my payoff is less than $10 different than original loan amount!!

Springleaf Financial - Horrible past seven months of dealing with them

1.9
Interest Rate

My husband and I filed bankruptcy in 2014 and reaffirmed our car through Springleaf for $2700.00, 9 payments of $320.00. We also turned our truck in.

Months went by and I paid the payments, continuing to get statements in the mail with the old amount due in the mail. I called a few times only to be told it was just something in the computer and not to worry about it. I only had about two payments due and they were not late when I started getting calls from their credit collection company. They threatened to take the car and insisted I had not made payments and owed almost $7,000!!!!

I finally had to do a conference call with our local office and someone at the main office to prove they had received payments, I even had copies of all my checks. The lady apologized profusely and I thought it was all over. After I paid the car off I waited two months for my title. I got a call AGAIN from the credit collection company this time telling me I owed $4,000.

The next seven months was a NIGHTMARE. There were endless calls and so many people I talked to it wasn't funny. I continued getting texts and phone calls that I was overdue and was even sent to the repossession people on the phone because the account had gone there. They couldn't "find" a copy of our reaffirmation at first and then "miraculously" found it when my bankruptcy lawyer (who no longer represented us after two years) did us a favor and called to to tell them we did reaffirm.

I was told by two people the account had been reaffirmed more then once and I told them that was not possible and illegal. I think that they kept trying to fix there mess up and in order to do that they kept reaffirming to adjust it. Every time I called I told them: "THIS IS EASY. I can fax you my checks and proof that you cashed them and the reaffirmation paper and you can send me my title.

This is not hard!" and to that they kept sending me from department to department until I finally threatened to sue. FINALLY they turned my case over to the executive office and I had one person working on my case. It took a month to review it, but in the end they found out I owed NOTHING, in fact THEY OWED ME $3100.00 because of insurance I had with them!!!! The $3100.00 should have gone straight to pay the car off two years ago, but they claim they got confused because we turned in the truck and reaffirmed at the same time.

How is it confusing? I am sure people have filed bankruptcy before and this has happened!! Three weeks after the call that I was getting money back I am STILL waiting and the lady working with me says there is not way for me to call and talked to the people who issue the checks. She has messaged them and all they say is they will call her when it is done.

They had no problem harassing me for money I didn't owe, but no problem holding mine for almost three years. Sadly, we applied for a loan the other day for moving expenses, broken tooth and broken down car. They have put themselves on my credit report which I had been trying to repair. I was told if they weren't on there that we may have gotten the loan.

When they said they would request to take it off, but it would take up to a month I was very angry. We are waiting for this money now because we have to have moving expenses. They are lucky if I don't sue after all this is over.

Oh...I did get my title a few months ago. That's something, atleast.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: I want our $3100.00 and I want them removed from my credit report ASAP.

I didn't like: Being told different stories.

Comments

SpringleafFinancial

Springleaf Financial Auto Loan Review from Monroe, Louisiana

My father co signed a loan we used his truck for coladeral he passed away 2015 i had given them his death certificate then they took his name off loan put loan in my name now wen i tried by myself to get loan they said no so it took my dad to pass to get loan ***.now the truck title was never changed to my name when they put loan in my name now iam not sure if they can take truck if i cant pay because its not in my name but loan is i will never tell anything good about this place to anyone.

Springleaf Financial - Predatory Lender

Interest Rate

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

They are holding two car titles valued greater than the loan amount because of an accident that totaled one of the vehicles. Springleaf wants the entire insurance check even though the vehicle totaled was valued as half the loan amount.

So now Springleaf is holding the title from insurance until the entire loan is paid off. Example loan is 6k ins settlement is 4k car vaule on the loan is 3k but Springleaf wont release the title until the entire loan is paid in full.

These folks are worse than loan sharks. Stay FAR away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Springleaf not upfront, Slow to process lien release.

Springleaf Financial Auto Loan Review

Last month i talked toba nicer agent then the one who is asigned to me and she told me thst if i made two payments of 271$ i would be out of cillections so that when april gets here all i will need to do was pay my regular payment if 165$. Well i made those payments like i said i would.

Made the payment for 165$ on April 14th but, today April 24th the tow truck took my car! Im not understand what the heck is going on. Im sitting here lookung at my current bill and it says that i am not due until may 5th.

Someone needs to get a hold of me and explaine to me what the heck just happened. Im in total shock.

Product or Service Mentioned: Springleaf Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I found out that my car was towed and repossessed because 4 of NY payments were rejected because of the location I made the payments. Not that I didn't make the payments in which I agreed at a later time, but because if where I had to make the payments.

I had to pay repossession fees and also hunt down the third party payment center for a refund of my rejected payments.

Real pieces of work they are doing this to me. Its been six months and I'm still aggravated about getting screwrd by Springleaf.

SpringleafFinancial

Please email executive.customercare@springleaf.com with your phone number and best times to reach you so that we can call you to discuss your concerns. You may also call us directly at Springleaf ‘s Executive Office of Customer Care at 888- 864-0332, option 4, for assistance with this matter.

SpringleafFinancial

I was looking at getting a loan but now maybe not....

View more comments