Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 189 Yes 189 497 No 497
Had the same issue 105 Yes 105
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

13 hours ago #1217750 New York, New York

Hello,
My name is Robin Floyd Lamura. I live in USA Florida and i am a happy man today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them.
If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them, They are European helping loan seekers get loan with easy steps, please tell the Loan Agents that Mr, Robin Floyd referred you to them.

Sharon George Credit

13 hours ago #1217749 New York, New York

Do you need a loan ? we offer all kinds of loans at 3% interest rate.if you are interested, contact us today via email for more information.
email: sharon_solution@hotmail.com
Telephone number:(980)6771756

Sep 20 #1215584 Flowood, Mississippi

Hello,
If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them, They are European helping loan seekers get loan with easy steps, please tell the loan agents that Mr, Robin Floyd referred you to them.

Sep 16 #1213900 Lombard, Illinois

My name is Lewis Edward, I live in California U.S.A and i am a happy man today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. He gave happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 3 kids, I meant this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Mr DAVID MORRISON that helped me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, He is indeed GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company.
If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him [morrisonloansplc@yahoo.com].. and inform them MR Lewis Edward directed you....
contact them with morrisonloansplc@yahoo.com OR contact +1610-350-4740 for trust and urgent loan..

Sep 10 #1210711

Hello,
If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them, They are European helping loan seekers get loan with easy steps, please tell them that Mr, Robin Floyd referred you to them.

Sep 05 #1208359 San Jose, California

Hello,
My name is Robin Lamura. I live in USA Florida and i am a happy man today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them.
If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them, They are European helping loan seekers get loan with easy steps, please tell them that Mr, Robin Lamura referred you to them.

Sep 05 #1208271 Nairobi, Nairobi

To Whom it may concern!!!
Are you a businessman / woman? Are you in any financial mess or you need
funds to start your own business? or to pay off your bills or start a good
business? Contact us on davidmike756@gmail.com. You can also Text or Call
Our Head Office In United state of america on +19513561932.
required to fill the info : Name—- Amunt—- Duration—- Phone number— Country— Regards, FROM: DAVID MIKE Loan Company +19513561932. davidmike756@gmail.com

julien garcia

Aug 30 #1205564

HOW I GOT A LOAN FROM [SAMMYLOANCOMPANY@YAHOO.COM]
Hello friends!!! My name is JULIEN GARCIA. FROM USA TEXAS . i want to testify of the good Loan Lender who showed light to me after been scammed by 2 different Internet international lender, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay alot of fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result. i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 6,000USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet looking frustrated when i came across a testimony woman who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called SAMMYLoan Company and email ( sammyloancompany@yahoo.com ) where she finally got her loan, so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 2 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them. i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given a loan amount of $65,000.00 Dollars by this great Company (SAMMYLoan Company} managed by Mr SAMMY God fearing MAN and here i am today happy because this company has given me a loan so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan. Do you need a loan urgently? kindly and quickly contact This great
... Show more

Aug 27 #1204415 Chicago, Illinois

Good Day,
My name is Christine Holland i am a citizen of the United State of America i want to testify of the good Loan Lender who showed light to me after been scammed by 4 different Internet international lender, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay a lot of fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result. i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 8,000USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet looking frustrated when i came across a testimony man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called Brooks Finance Loan (brooksfinanceltd@gmail.com) where he finally got his loan, so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 4 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them. i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and I was given a loan amount of $600,000.00 Dollars by this great Company (Brooks Finance Loan) managed by Mr Brooks Henry and here i am today happy with my family because Brooks Finance Loan has given me a loan so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan. Do you need a loan urgently? kindly and quickly contact Brooks Finance Loan Ltd. now for your loan via
... Show more

Oceanic finance

Aug 18 #1200654

do you need a genuine loan for business purposes or to pay your debt contact Mr Kellie Wilson now for genuine loans via email: Oceanicfinance113@gmail.com

Aug 01 #1193360 Providence, Utah

Great Day Sir/Madam,
How are you doing today I hope fine,I am a private lender i will be able to offer you the loan you are applying for,I am an approved and certified lender with years of experience in lending Aspect,i give out loan amounts ranging from $1,500.00 - $1,000,000.00 with a fixed interest rate of 3% on an annual basis.I will relish the opportunity of doing business with you and also help to put your financial problems behind you by offering you this loan,You are in the right place and i will want to assure you that you will be glad for knowing a lender like me,If seriously you want to take a loan from me,so kindly and gladly get back with Amount needed,Duration,Phone number and Loan Purpose via: (cynthiamorganlendingcenterplc@gmail.com) only,so that we will commence with the processing of your loan to you on time for your urgent purpose.
Best Regards,
Mrs Cynthia Morgan.

Matricia

Aug 01 #1193110

Hi everyone here. What Christine Coleman said is very true though i may not know her. I experienced it first hand also. It was this organization called fidelity loan Finance (f.l.f)that really helped me to pay my medical bills when i was in dare need of money because i am a widow. A friend of mine also directed me to them. when i was about to do a major operation and i had no money at that time, they came to my rescue and in less than 48 hours, i got my loan. But to say the truth, i was nervous and scared at first because i have been scammed twice. But when i summoned up courage and follow their lending policies along with my friends advice, at the end i found myself smiling. If not for them, maybe i would have been dead by now. I have even taken another loan from them start my business after my recovery which i am also paying back now. My only advice now is that any body who is really in need of loan should contact them with their email via, fidelityloanfinancial@gmail.com and get a loan from them. Thanks.(Louisa)

Jul 23 #1188779 New York, New York

GUARANTEE ONLINE LOAN OFFER!!!WE ARE ONLINE LOANS LENDER.that is permitted to give out Guarantee loan online. If You Worried About Qualifying For A Personal,Business or Car Loan?Perhaps Bad Credit Record?.contact us today we make online transaction with in 48 hours. we Can Help you!.for more information E-mail
onlineloans@consultant.com
online.loansza@gmail.com

Jul 21 #1187901 Nairobi, Nairobi

To Whom it may concern!!!
Are you a businessman / woman? Are you in any financial mess or you need
funds to start your own business? or to pay off your bills or start a good
business? Contact us on davidmike756@gmail.com. You can also Text or Call
Our Head Office In United state of america on +19513561932.

swilliams

Mar 08 #1123885 Alexandria, Louisiana

That is PATHETIC!!! I'm trying to track down an office in the Lake Charles area that is still actually opened!!!!! I've alled 4 so far and keep getting "we're sorry but this number has been dislocated"......Our Road Home monies are now tied up in all their Imcompitence

kendra faith

Mar 06 #1123072

Great thanks unto these great company who made it possible for me to upgrade my business i was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance my business and pay my bills.Until i met this company who helped me out with the sum of [$100,000]. I'm very glad and happy because I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success,and most banks declined my credit.Truly i want to thank Mr Barry More who seriously help me through and ensure i get the loan without delay.If you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans and schedule,please contact Mr Barry More at [barrymoreloans12@hotmail.com ] for a fast and safe loan.

deborr40

Oct 20, 2015 #1051162 Miami, Florida

Debra Orr by names from United States, Am here to guide everyone out there looking for a loan such as Business loans, Mortgage loans Real estate loan, Personal loan and all other kinds of loan to contact this awesome loan firm owned by Mr Viggo Davis who supported me and my family with a business loan and also with a mortgage loan worth $740,000 which put our lives back on track again. Thanks to Mr Viggo Davis because i never believed that such genuine lender still exist for till i found Mr Davis. Am very grateful for what he has done for us that's why am doing all this to make others benefit from his wonderful service he renders to both individuals/company. So am using this moment to inform anyone above 18yrs to contact Mr. Viggo Davis via email (viggodavis@zoho.com) or (viggodavis@gmail.com) to get his/her loan today with better repayment schedule, no social security number required and no credit check required, 100% Guaranteed.

0 3 Reply

Sep 28, 2015 #1040266

Hello, do you need a genuine loan to pay your bills or solve any financial problems, kindly contact me now via email: rbinvestment11@outlook.com
We offer all kinds of loan.
thanks
Here is an opportunity for those in financial problems and those who want financial uplift in their life,we give out all kinds of loans to help the needing from financial stress, Many are suffering and needs help to improve their life status, many are jobless and need financial help to start a business, many needs financial help to clear their bills and debt,Here is a wise decision for you now,If you are in need of a genuine loan we can help you.I am certified,registered and legit lender.kindly contact us now via email: rbinvestment11@outlook.com, rbinvestment12@outlook.com

0 6 Reply

Sep 21, 2015 #1036749

Everyone on here realizes if you just made your payments as agreed they do not bother you. This review was not helpful. This review is from someone who did not pay their bill. Not by someone who followed the rules.

9 1 Reply

Aug 22, 2015 #1023224

We are going through pretty much the same thing and after months of doing without food and having to leave home to be able to take care of my son. I finally desiderate to tell them I could not afford the payments and to come get the car that way I could move back home with my husband. After months of them threatening to come get it I willingly asked them to come get it and they refused . Told me to sale it for what I could. I asked what was the least they would take and they said I don't know for all we know all the windows are busted out. And said they were done arguing with me and hung up on me. I wasn't even arguing I was just asking a simple polite question so that they would get their money and we could get out from under the loan.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 157 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Springleaf Financial. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Springleaf Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×