Portland, Oregon
20.5K views 163 comments

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

Review about: Mortage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Springleaf Financial?

Comments

FIDELITY LOAN FINANCE
Douglasville, Georgia, United States #1240360

Fidelity Loan Finance is a government approved credit firm, we give out loans to individuals and organizations with an interest rate of 2% world wide. Get back to me if you are interested fore further details through this mail box: fidlfin@live.com

I am Mr Pardon Harriso and it gives me joy writing this article of my testimony on how i became financially stable and summary of my previous finance stage before now.I believe there is nobody that doesn`t like money, when one is having finances, there is inner joy in you and i am among those having joy now and i will through this article saves you that is reading now in financial mess on how to be financially stable with Tony Harton Loan Company Before now, i make little earn with one transport company i was working with and it didn`t take me anywhere, i lived in struggle and what pained me most was my family for i just couldn`t cater for my wife and children`s needs but i had no choice but to manage the business and another thing that caused me grief was i didn`t always have time for my family and i wanted a business for myself but i couldn`t even afford a hundred dollar to make it work.

But when i thought all hope and aspiration for my business plan was void then a friend of mine now retired in the same transport company where i worked advised me and referred me to an online Cyprus/UK Financial Institute that could better my financial stage and he stressed on that he is living well and fine today because of the financial body and i contacted them for help and to my greatest amazement, i was offered a loan of 120,000usd at affordable 2.5% rate for 7years after due process and today i am living well and happy and i now have time for my family because i am my own...

And i will forever maintain a standard relationship with Tony Harton Loan Company because they are the reason i am living with joy today.For as many in financial mess, bad credits, debt, in need or whatsoever challenges that you`re in today don`t fail to contact...tonyharton32@gmail.com and i do assure you that your desires will be manifested.

Mr Pardon Harrison

Sean Branton
San Jose, California, United States #1238873

Sean Branton Loan Agency (SBLA) Inc USA is a direct Loan Agency/ Investment and Lending Institution that provides Affordable Loans/ Investment packages to Individuals, Groups and

Companies around the Globe, Bad Credit and No Credit scores are welcome.Your application will never be referred to other Lenders/ Investors.

Our aim is to provide installment loans to fit your budget.

Unlike many of our competitors, SBLA Inc USA loan packages have terms between 3 to 25 years with 1year no early payoff

penalties.

They are reported to Trans Union, which may help improve your credit, and are made to prevent costly rollovers.Your credit score or previous bankruptcy will not affect

a loan approval since we only pay attention to your credit history.

Sean Branton Loan Agency (SBLA) Inc USA Registered office address: 6100 Center Drive, Suite 630, Los Angeles, CA 90045 Email Directories: s.brantonloans.us.net@gmail.com, s.branton.loans.us.net@aol.com

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada #1235501

XMAS XMAS LOAN?

We offer all types Loan for new year / ending loan,Personal Loan,Real Estate, Business plan,Renovation, Infrastructural, Hotel,Investment Loan ETC at low interest rate of 2%.want to thank Mr.Lake Cook, for giving me credit.

I saw good evidence of it online.

I took a loan from the company and less than 24 hours I received a credit.If you need urgent loan, apply for a loan quick email - lakecook07@gmail.com

XMAS XMAS LOAN?

Do you need Financial Assistance?

Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?

We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%

Please, contact us for more information: pergocf@fastservice.com

Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 1.00%,Interested applicants should Contact us via email: pergocf@fastservice.com

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1227720

How are you doing today? am lord harbat and i must tell you how delighted to inform you that we now give out loan at a very low interest rate of 2% .Contact lord harbat loan Company via orbitfinanceloancompany@gmail.com.we gives life time opportunity loan to individuals, business firms, insurance, etc.Are you in any financial difficulty or in need of loan to invest or you need a loan to pay your bills search no further as we are here to make all your financial problems a thing of the past. Email us : orbitfinanceloancompany@gmail.com

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1226706

To Whom it may concern!!!

Are you a businessman / woman?Are you in any financial mess or you need

funds to start your own business?

or to pay off your bills or start a good

business? Contact us on davidmike756@gmail.com.

You can also Text or Call

Our Head Office In United state of america on +19513561932.

required to fill the info : Name—- Amunt—- Duration—- Phone number— Country— Regards, FROM: DAVID MIKE Loan Company +19513561932.davidmike756@gmail.com

Greg Jo Bull
New York, New York, United States #1225247

Am Greg Jo Bull,

and i have a solution to all your problems about getting a loan.i was once desperate l search for loan for a very long time i never find a legit loan lender but just last week i meet a man called Mr JUDE.

on the internet he is a loan lender and i give it a try i applied for a loan in his company and for my greatest surprises he gave me a loan of USD$46,000 .

am so happy right now.for dose of you who desperately need loan should contact Mr JUDE Via (eigbiremolen11jude@gmail.com) i congratulate you as you have finally find a solution to you problem.

My name is Richard Oneil, I live in california U.S.A and i am a happy man today?I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them.

She gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust her because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online MRS LOVETH DIEGO that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, she is indeed a GOD fearing woman, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact her on (lovethdiegoloanfirm@gmail.com ) .. and inform them Richard Oneil directed you..

Thanks.Blessed Be

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria #1223946

Good day Are you a business man or woman?Are you in need of a financial burden or means to start your own business?

Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay your bills? Do you have a low credit score and have difficulty obtaining loans from local banks and other Institutions? I want to tell you what we are offering loans at low Interest rate of 2% if you are interested in a loan we get, Please fill in the loan application; Contact us on Email: info.michealwilson@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION FORM

PREFIX {MR., MRS., MS., DR., Etc.}

Your name and surname :

Your email :

Your telephone number : Your address: Your City : State / Province : country : Sex: Date of birth: Have an account? : You have applied before?

: Loan Amount Needed : Length of Loan : Purpose of Loan : Send me a scanned copy of your ID: Creditor Name: Dr Micheal Wilson.

Lender E-mail: info.michealwilson@gmail.com regards, Dr Micheal Wilson.Contact us via email: info.michealwilson@gmail.com we await your response with your loan application to proceed