Interest Rate

These people are a deceitful!They claim to be able to give loans to people with bad credit, but that's misleading!

I applied for a $2,000 loan and was approved for up to $4,000 with a car title. I told the representative I didn't have a vehicle under my name. The rep then said my wife could co-sign since my credit wasn't high enough. She made it seem that I would have a better chance of securing the loan if our credit scores and INCOME were combined.

We went to their office, and after being made to wait a really long time, we were told the only way we could get approved was to use my wife's car title as collateral....basically a title loan. For everyone who knows...title loans are a HUGE rip-off! You borrow $4,000 and end up paying back $11,000...more than twice as much! We were then told that we could apply later when our credit improved...NEWS FLASH: If we already had good credit, we wouldn't need the loan in the first place, imagine that!

They claim to "help people with bad credit" but that's clearly not the case as my credit was the reason we were denied. So I guess you have to have "good-bad credit???" These people are like any other typical shady loan sharks. Don't waste your time with them. They lure you in telling you you're approved when you're really not.

For a $2,000 loan I was told the payments would be around $95 a month. Had I been approved, I could've and WOULD'VE easily made $300 monthly payments to pay it off faster. I totally had the means and income to afford this loan and the monthly payments, but no, it all comes down to some *** 3-digit credit score number with these people, though they claim to focus more on your income rather than your credit score. That's clearly not true, or else I would have been approved.

If you get any "pre-approval" letters from them in the mail, tear it up.These people are just after your cars and assets.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to have the product delivered. The author is overall dissatisfied with Springleaf Financial. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Springleaf Financial.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Springleaf Financial to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Springleaf Financial?

Comments

Auburndale, Florida, United States #1266932

Yep...YOUR self made low credit score is all their fault, right?YOU gave YOURSELF a proven and documented reputation of NOT paying YOUR bills.

In typical deadbeat fashion, that's somebody else's fault and since they don't trust you, that's all their fault too, right?How sorry does it get???

to Anonymous #1393526

in this case i have to agree somewhat with you, though i think your a little harsh. yes ALL loans look at credit scores and places for loans with "bad" credit is relative. a 640 score is bad relative to a 780 score but if your score is under 600 nobody is going to give you an unsecured loan, except for maybe a payday company.

In the loan business, if your credit is bad; you're looking at a higher interest rate.When you are required to have hard collateral to book a loan, you are looking at state maximum rates for personal installment loans.

(24.99 in some states, 35.99 in others) Granted if you wanted to get approved elsewhere at places that don't report on credit bureaus, you can look forward to the 200%-300% interest rates.

Now onto your finance charge, APR is yearly interest. It's if you pay the bare minimum until the loan is paid off. Springleaf (Now OneMain) uses Precomp interest for smaller loans, so the balance looks a lot more than what it really is.

Pay it off with taxes, you spent less money than you would going to a non credit reporting place and you improved your credit.