In May I submitted an online application. It was only when I received the loan 'stipulations' that I realized that they wanted the title for my car.

As my car is leased, I did not think it would be a good offer for me. So I called customer service and asked them to cancel the application. I also asked that they do not run my credit, as I did not want an inquiry on a loan I knew I didn't qualify for. I was told to contact the local store in Muncie (IN) and they could cancel the application.

When I called the store (as soon as it opened) the CS person advised me that the bureau had already been run, and there was nothing they could do about the inquire (not true).

After going round and round, I gave up trying to reason with her. Needless to say, I would never consider doing business with such a shady outfit.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to "remove the credit inquiries from my bureau reports". carshmail is overall dissatisfied with Springleaf Financial. The most disappointing about springleaf financial customer care at Springleaf Financial was being lied to Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Springleaf Financial.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Springleaf Financial to other companies on our site.

Comments