3K views

I was sent a letter stating that they denied me credit because I did not provide them with 2 years worth of income tax information.It was my decision to decline the loan offer that they sent me at 24.74% rate which is outrageous.

I will never do business with them again. When they were American General I had several accounts with them and always paid off early. With over a 700 credit score they wanted my 2009 harley title to secure the loan.

They gave me a lame excuse of why they needed my life history.They also are very expensive with there interest rate that is why it is best not to even consider them when looking for a loan.

Review about: Springleaf Financial Loan.

Had an Experience with Springleaf Financial?

Comments

People----Listen!After all of the complaints about Springleaf/American General, why don't you send a complaint to the Better Business Bureau or your state's Attorney General.

This corrupt company has to be put out of business (I read that they are trying to avoid bankruptcy)and as soon as possible. Obviously, they have employees who respond to complaints on this website and they respond as if the customer is a *** ***. Other companies work with their customers....this company won't.

They are horrible!Borrow from a friend or family...NOT THIS COMPANY unless you love the MOB.

to Kennedy #825612

So much for a company heading towards bankruptcy huh? LOL!

The bailouts were necessary because everyone was using credit like it was something they were entitled to for several years, why not, you didnt have to prove you could pay it back and even if your credit was bad no one questioned your integrity well now that train has jumped the track, now you must prove you can repay and that you have the integrity to budget and prioritize when the going gets tough even if that means driving a ford instead of a BMW, are we clear where the blame originated from now?????

wjaknc2011

I also applied not knowing their rates, I do have a credit score over 700 and when I asked her first what the rate was I told her I was not interested.I was trying to cosign for my son who has no credit.

They send me a denial for credit decision in the mail... this is not right, when I heard their rate was 20 something percent, I said forget it and she said does that mean you do not want the loan! Wow! Really!!!

I can see why she works for them.RIP OFF RATES!!!

lutommort

HAVE BEEN A CUST SINCE BEFORE THEY WERE SPRING LEAF OR AMERICAN GENERAL TREATED UNFAIRLEY. FOUGHT IN DESERT STORM SO THEY COULD HAVE THERE AND MY FREEDON YET THIS COMPANY TREATS US LIKE WE DONT MATTER. HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE LOST HALF MY INCOME DUE TO ECONOMY AND THEY WILL NOT REMODIFY.BUMMER HOPE TO FIND A NEW MORTAGE IF I CAN GOOD LUCK TO US.....:(

If they sent you a loan offer, and you were interested...then you applied.

If you didn't want to comply with providing taxes for income verification, that was your decision. And since the lending industry has been blamed for people not being able to pay their bills "due to the economy" then it makes sense that they need YOU to prove you can repay a loan. Springleaf IS American General. Just a new name, not a new company.

But since everyone wants to blame the lenders, now the lenders need to know your life story and need you to prove your income.If you don't want to provide your info, then don't apply for a loan.

I have been with them since 2009 and since my job fourloughed us, my pay is not the same.I pay what I can, but they just keep calling threatenging to tke me to courst.

I asked them if they needed me topull it out if my butt.

All my other credit agencies are helping me through this and alowwing me to pay what I can, but not this company.I will tell anyone to not go to this company at all.

If you have over a 700 credit score you would not be going to Springleaf for credit!

to ????? #1026799

I also thought that it was strange for anyone with a 700 credit score would borrow from Springleaf.