I had a family emergency so *** me I went to Springleaf, I used my car as security.I took out a $6000.

loan. Big mistake! I recieved the first statement and according to their statement I owe $11000. I paid $1000.

to bring the loan down to $5000. and it never changed it went to interest not principle. So basically they charge 100% interest. I am trying to refiance with my bank and they won't give them a payoff.

They also reported $11,000. to the credit agencies. This is rediculous. they also kept my original title .

I have been calling them and they do not answer I called another office and they don't know anything.Don't make my mistake.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of springleaf financial loan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5000. Springleaf Financial needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned springleaf financial loan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Springleaf Financial.

Had an Experience with Springleaf Financial?

Comments

Auburndale, Florida, United States #1266928

How dumb is this?Of course they are going to report the contracted amount to the bureaus because that's how much you owe!

Secondly, you come here to cry and whine when your statements show absolute proof you don't know what you're talking about! ALL LOANS of this type pay down more interest in the start of the term and more and more principle as time goes on!

It's called "AMORTIZATION"!Thanks for the laughs!!!

to Anonymous Lee's Summit, Missouri, United States #1302874

Get a life and quit being a troll.

to Anonymous #1335572

you can make bigger payments you want. you just need the extra goes toward principal, not interest. That's what i do with my motgage.

as far as credit cards, if you make more than the minimum payment, it automatically goes toward principal

to anon #1393525

good point. they need to TELL them that the additional amount is to be applied to the principal