On June 2011 I took out a loan with Springleaf financial and at the time signed up for the involuntary unemployment insurance for an addl 234.02 plus interest over the 37 month term at an annual percentage rate of 32.69%.In this economy no one has a secure job (I was at mine for 7 years).
Three weeks ago, out of the blue (August 2011) I was laid off of my job and filed a claim with the Springleaf insurance, Yosemite Insurance Co. and was denied due to a 90 day waiting period that no one ever told me about, but that is in the second of 5 page insurance document. I was mortified. I thought at least my loan pmt would be covered while I look for new employment.
To add salt to the wound, I was told that although I would recieve a refund of the policy premium of 234.02, my payment would not go down because they will still charge the interest on the 234.00 of 32.69% for the term of the loan.I feel the failure to disclose this "waiting period" was unfair and should be unlawful.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Involuntary Unemployment Insurance
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "California - DOC Residential Mortgage Lending Act License (Branch) No Hide DetailsLicense /Registration #: 813G992 Original Issue Date : 03/08/2010Status : Voluntary Surrender Status Date: 11/15/2010Other Trade Names used..."
- "I took out a short term payday loan in november of 2012. I had to pay 190.00 back.I was told by a represenative that my payments would be 45.00 every..."
- "4 Responses to â€œDEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?â€ James B says: February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm you..."
- "I engaged Mr. David Talkington on September 15, 2015 to do construction repairs to a house that I purchased in , Indianapolis, IN. We had a written agreement outlining..."
- "the attached clip is from an ABC 6 investigative report in Indianapolis. While the company in the clip calls itself "Smartravel" - Smartravel is the same as Sundance Vacations, which..."
- "Megan Reed scammed me into her photography scam (Megan Photographs) which has now culminated into a class action suit with plaintiff attorney Joanna Herman at Morrison and Foerster in Indianapolis...."
- "Recently my committee for the event pictured approached home depot asking for there support; we were turned down cold. It's a shame that home depot would not support a worthy..."
- "I paid $12 and change for a sandwich and a drink. The sandwich was truly pitiful. Canned meat, scrawny looking salad and it was minuscule. I could have had ten..."
- "The short reason is she doesn't offer refunds because returns are forbidden by German law on hygienic grounds. We have similar laws here. However, I checked the sites of several..."