Springleaf Financial - Springleaf Insurance Rip Off
On June 2011 I took out a loan with Springleaf financial and at the time signed up for the involuntary unemployment insurance for an addl 234.02 plus interest over the 37 month term at an annual percentage rate of 32.69%.In this economy no one has a secure job (I was at mine for 7 years).
Three weeks ago, out of the blue (August 2011) I was laid off of my job and filed a claim with the Springleaf insurance, Yosemite Insurance Co. and was denied due to a 90 day waiting period that no one ever told me about, but that is in the second of 5 page insurance document. I was mortified. I thought at least my loan pmt would be covered while I look for new employment.
To add salt to the wound, I was told that although I would recieve a refund of the policy premium of 234.02, my payment would not go down because they will still charge the interest on the 234.00 of 32.69% for the term of the loan.I feel the failure to disclose this "waiting period" was unfair and should be unlawful.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Home Relief Services LLC is a Scam! Someone needs to do Something FAST! To Whom it may concern: Who and What was Home Relief Services LLC. The owners of the..."
- "We received a solicitation on Saturday stating "WE WILL BEAT YOUR CURRENT MORTGAGE OFFER OR PAY YOU $250". We contacted them that day for the paperwork to fill out since we..."
- "I took out a loan with Cash-Call for $2,500 my payments were $254.03/month I have been paying this loan since approximately Aug. 2006 I have paid approximately $15,241.80 with the..."
- "You guys service sucks and if anyone is thinking about getting internet with you guys they need not to do so, because I've had you guys service for about 7..."
- "I bought a pair of 1,000 gram work boots sale's men said this is what the guys in pipe line trenchies so he then threw in a pair of marked..."
- "This store is extremely pick and seem to pick and choose based on their own opinions and not on what is presented to them. While I understand they have to..."
- "I had the same experience. 24 hour chargers website stated it was selling a "Genuine Apple MacPro charger" it even had the picture of the Apple on the charger! When..."
- "I had never heard of eDreams before yesterday, imagine my surprise when I found flights home during August for half of what Kayak had listed... well the as the old..."
- "I bought 75 dollars worth of chips from IGG and I didn't even get my gift they said because I bought on two different devices yea I did but I..."