Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

Apr 10, 2011
review #231576

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

9c816f5
Had an experience with Springleaf Financial?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
cj20158

Aug 23 Usaquen, Bogota

So many answers, to find the right answer and to find a good and trusted loan lender online is very rare as a result of that, so many numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender. I'm posting this information to whosoever that is in need of loan for establishment, debt consolidation loan, business loan, personal loan, home loan and loan for any other purposes. Mrs Giselle Dawn referred me to Mr Crist Luis, I thought it was a joke and one of those numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender, I contacted Mr Crist Luis and he processed my application and helped me out with a loan sum of $300,000.00.
I'm glad to let you all know that I have been able to pay my bills, start up my fashion designing business with the loan Mr Crist Luis gave me. I am recommending anyone who is interested in getting a loan to kindly contact them now to obtain a fast and easy loan. Email: cristluisloanservices@outlook.com Endeavor to inform him that I Casey Julie referred you because they only attend to those who are referred to them. Greetings.

0 2 Reply
happy consumer

Aug 16

I have been dealing with them for years and have had zero issues. I use them because I cant stand the hassle that I get from banks. I call them in the morning and by that afternoon I have the cash I want. The only calls I have ever gotten from them are very courteous thanking me for being a valued customer and asking if I would like more money. :) I guess when you honor your responsibilities things tend to go without incident.

Cher

Aug 24 , Curaçao

Hello, who are they. And where could I reach them. Do you need to pay upfront fees?
Looking forward to your response.

mary

Jul 25 Manhattan, New York

Are you looking for a quick loan to start a business contact Heather perkins on heatherperkinsloanlender@gmail.com for your loan who make me what i am today and am so happy with what this man did for me and my family by following the details below and your problem will be solve
Name:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Address:
Country: Purposes: Phone number: I assured you once you follow her instruction you will get your loan just as i got mine too because she is a good person to work with as a company or business man and woman contact her now and she God fearing and also a devoted christian.

paul warburg

Jul 17

I have never seen so many inbred retards on one site in my life! thank god I do not need or use credit. if I need money for something, like a business I go to a financial backer with my financial statement, and once they see I know how to handle my assets with no liabilities, they are more than happy to become my partner. thank god I'm rich and smart!

0 3 Reply

Jul 28

You are a despicable and awful person. AND a liar! If your dumb *** was rich you would not be reading reviews on loan companies. Loser!

May 27

Good day,
We offer a variety of loans to individuals (personal loan) and cooperate bodies at an interest rate of 3% per annul.This is to help you meet your financial obligations, especially with the ongoing global financial crisis. You can borrow from 5000 to 10,000,000 (pounds, euros or dollars) For further inquiries, please contact us via e-mail (majorbizlimited@yeah.net) Regards. hope to hear from you soonest
God Bless You.
Mr Martins Cole
MD/CEO

miss monica

Jan 28

To whom it may concern,
I am Mrs Jessica Vergas,i and my husband just got a
loan from this company called MISS MONICA HOUSE OF LOAN INVESTMENT without
we being scammed.i am so happy that after all this years we can still
find our feet back again.i am so happy that now that we do not have a
job we can find a way to live again and i want to tell every body that if you need financial help you can contact them via email at missmonicahouseofloan@gmail.com. Thanks for listen, may God help you too. Regards, Mrs Jessica Vergas

pirex collins

Dec 21, 2013

Do you need a fast and easy loan at an
affordable interest rate of 2%? contact us
today. We offer both personal and business
loan to any interested individual or company
who will be able to pay back the loan when
due for repayment. We give out loan from
the range of
$2,000 and above. To
apply email us back with the required
information bellow. Email:
pirexcollinsloan@gmail.com
Full name:
country:
Address:
Tel number:
Amount needed:
Duration of loan:
NOTE: We only give out loan to clients who
are trust worthy and will be able to pay back
the loan when due for repayment.

Mrs Lilient

Nov 28, 2013

Good Day Sir/Madam:

Getting a legitimate loan have always been a huge problem To clients who have financial problem and need solution to it. The issue of credit and collateral are something that clients are always worried about when seeking a loan from a legitimate lender. But.. we have made that difference in the lending industry. We can arrange for a loan from the range of $2,500. to $500,000.000

Our Services Include the Following:
Loan for any kinds
Family loan
Xmas Loan
E.T.C

No social security and no credit check, 100% Guarantee. All you have to do is let us know exactly what you want and we will surely make your dream come true. ( CAMERON FINANCE LTD.). says YES when your banks say NO. Lastly, we fund small scale loan firm, intermediaries, small scale financial institutions for we have unlimited capital. For further details to go about procuring a loan contact us, Kindly respond immediately to this email: CameronFinancialLoanltd@execs.com

Note that loan is given out in 2% interest rate yearly, kindly get back to us now if interested.

Best Regards.
Mrs. Lilient Itua
Address.HEAD OFFICE;Bolton Road, Bradshaw, Greater Manchester, BL2 3EU UNITED KINGDOM
+447024043145

Ms Pissed

Nov 14, 2013

I can not stand this place . I got a loan for my sister and help pay the loan as well. I am a little late and I do owe half of Oct payment $80.00 and Nov is not due until the end of the month which will be paid up then. But they called my cell phone twice, and 4 people I had on application for reference purpose only. I was upset b
ecause out of those references is my 88 year old grandmother who thought I was hurt or dead on how they called. I called them back and cussed them out for calling all these people for $80. I know people prob owe thousands!
After this loan is paid in full I hope they stay out of my life and go out of business!

1 0 Reply
tired of deadbeats

Oct 04, 2013

how could you NOT know you had a judgement placed against you. in ordered to get a judgement, Springleaf would've had to take you to small claims court. to do that you would have been serviced notice to appear in court. a judge cannot redender a judgement unless you had been properly served. so you were more than likely served and ignored it and your failure to appear lead to a judgement against you. you play the victim well, but the fact of the matter is, you borrowered money and had a responsibility to pay it based on the terms of your agreement with Springleaf which you ignored too. PAY YOUR BILLS and none of this happens.

1 0 Reply
Paralegal who Knows Springleaf

Oct 25, 2013

In bankruptcy law, we have had more experiences with Springleaf being scuzball loan sharks. They harass our clients, drive by their houses to scream at children playing in their parent's yard, and are typically one of the worst places our clients have dealt with.

As far as getting served with a lawsuit, if you make a payment arrangement with an attorney, that must be recorded along with a lawsuit. If that information is given to the judge, as is required by law, a judgement won't be entered unless the creditor proves the payment arrangement was not honored. All the creditor has to do is "try" to serve the debtor or report to the court that they did put in the mail, etc. It's rarely properly done and costs the debtor tons of money.

Jun 02

That's not true you ***! You do not have to go to small claims court for a judgment. Quit being a butt kisser all your life. Do your homework first or sounds like to me you just may work for them. They changed their name because they were getting too many complaints about the way they were servicing their loans. So to keep a good scoring with the Better Business Bureau, they had to change the name. Name change same old dumb stuff. And if someone wants to file a judgment against you all they have to do is file it as public notice and the way you find out is when you go to apply for another loan of some sort. It's not illegal what their doing, it's just call not having integrity or character. And it sounds like to me you fit the bill for both. Oh and by the way my name is Mrs. Meredith for those who want or need to know.

Mr Donald Williams

Sep 24, 2013 Delhi, Delhi

FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM
HEAD OFFICE --Dalston 18 Ashwin Street London E8 3DL United Kingdom
EMAIL--fairfinanceloanfirm@mail.com

-------------------------------------------------------
FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM we are certified loan lending company We provide loans Since money have been a major problem in our day to day life,
We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our
priority.
FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM is a United Kingdom based loan firm with lending license.
===========================================================
Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business,

FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from
$1,000 to $50,000,000.

* Are you financially Squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
* Do you seek funding for various other processes?
==================================================
*Student Loan and many more... ... Show more

ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANC

Aug 16, 2013 Delhi, Delhi

ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM
HEAD OFFICE--High Street, Abbotsley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6UJ UNITED KINGDOM
EMAIL--stmargaretchurchloanfirm@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM Is specialized in providing loans, Since money have been a major
problem in our day today life,
We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and
maximum security is our
priority. ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE is a UK based loan firm with
lending license.
===========================================================
Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business,
ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from
$1,000 to $50,000,000.
We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
* Are you financially Squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
* Do you seek funding for various other processes?
==================================================
*Investments Loans.... Show more

marian lawson

Aug 01, 2013

MARIAN LAWSON TRUST LOAN FIRM

We are a fully registered loan agency, we give out loans to all in need of help
across the globe. Our loan takes a maximum of 1 working days to get to approved
to customers across the globe. We offer lowest interest rate 2% and its fixed
with best match loan including loans for applicants with impaired or bad
credit, Pay off existing debts, reduce your monthly outgoings by consolidating
any existing personal loans and credit card debts. Our offer loan amount ranging
from $5,000.00 to a maximum of $10 billion and above for investment and paying up bill's.

Please fill in the short form below

Full Name:

Amount Needed:

Loan Duration:

Purpose of Loan:

Country of Residence:

Mobile No:

In acknowledgment to these details,We will send you a well calculated
Terms and Conditions which will include the agreement. CONTACT US via email
marianlawsonloanfirm@live.com

Best Regards
marian lawson loan

unbelievable

Jul 17, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

I bought a house . owner financed . I had filed bankruptcy in 1987 because of a garage business gone bad . No credit , had good job . in 1998 my owner {financer } became desperate for money . I owed them 125,000 . I went to American General for help . They told me about what they could loan .I went to the owner & told them I could come up with 50,000 . They took it . American general drove about 200 miles all together to deliver the check & get all the dead work done .I was never late on my payments . A year later , I bought another garage , owner financed . 5years pass & the owner dies .His wife called the loan . American General leaned over backwards for me . Once again I bargained with the owner and American General paid the lady 72,000 . 2 years later I sold the garage paying my house off . Not only did American general help me in needed times they boosted my credit sky high . Unbelievable

Zack

Oct 31, 2013

Yes and you can come by and see my 3 legged goat that lays eggs.

1-20 of 119 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Springleaf Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×