Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General
They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.
First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.
So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.
Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.
I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!review #231576
You may also like
- "Home Relief Services LLC is a Scam! Someone needs to do Something FAST! To Whom it may concern: Who and What was Home Relief Services LLC. The owners of the..."
- "HomEq took my money in escrow and gave it to a crooked contractor who didn't do any work at all. Every time I call HomeEq they give me the run..."
- "It is the worst of all years for homeowners;13 million face foreclosure and millions more are underwater, owing more than their homes are worth.Investigative guy John Mattes has met..."
- "Went in yesterday for a simple trim and bang cut and left absolutely butchered. I wanted to cry after I got in my car and had a close up look...."
- "I was recently assaulted and strangled to death by a staff member at Georges Dancin Bare. A "gentleman's club" located at 440 North Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. What began..."
- "Last month I ordered two coats from DressLily. The one pictured here was advertised as a dark gray cashmere blend. The size conversion chart on their website told me their..."
- "The SAME INCIDENT happened with me... On 06/25/15.. Lost my job due to downsizing. I have NEVER been late on payment (besides one time by a week). I called to..."
- "ordered an architectural drawing of a tv show set -- on the website it showed it nicely framed - no where on the website did it say it would..."
- "Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter. 1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse. . We didn't even put..."