Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

review #231576
491 179 Helpful?
Had the same issue91 Comments140
Had an experience with Springleaf Financial?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
berry

1 day ago #1003750 London, London

Hello,
Are you looking for a business loan,personal loan,home loan,auto
loan,student loan,debt consolidation loan,unsecured loan,venture
capital etc... Or Were you refused a loan by a bank or any financial
institution for one or more reason. You are in the right place for
your loan solutions! I am a private lender,I grant out loans to companies and individuals at a low and affordable interest rate of 3% Interest. Contact us via email: henryloanscompany@yahoo.com LOAN APPLICATION FORM. Your Full Name: Address: Country: State: Loan Amount: Sex: Loan Duration: Phone Number: Fax: Monthly Income: Specific date you need the loan : NOTE:This are needed before we can proceed with the transaction of the loan okay. Regards Mr Henry

henry

1 day ago #1003747

I am Mr Berry we are a Legitimate And a Reputable loan Lender. We are dynamic company with financial assistance We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills,to invest on business.We want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable and beneficiary assistance as be glad to offer you a loan.Contact us via mail address: bnunoloans@yahoo.com
Services Rendered include; Refinance,Home Improvement,Investment Loan,Auto Loans,Debt Consolidation,Line of Credit,Second Mortgage,Business Loans,Personal Loans,Car Loan,Auto Loan.
Write back if interested. bnunoloans@yahoo.com
FULL NAME.........
HOME ADDRESS......
SEX.......... AGE.......... MARITAL STATUS........ COUNTRY.......... MOBILE NUMBER ......... OFFICE NUMBER ......... STATE.......... MONTHLY INCOME......... OCCUPATION..... DATE OF BIRTH..... AMOUNT NEEDED AS LOAN ......... DURATION OF LOAN...... PURPOSE OF LOAN ......... Get back to us with these information's so that we can proceed further okay. I am waiting to hear from you okay. Mrs BERRY

doro smith

1 day ago #1003709 New York, New York

Hello,
I am Mr.Doro Smith loans Service Lender, we are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution?.Doro Smith loans Service is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 3% interest rate. If interested, contact us immediately via email,(dorosmithloanfirm@outlookl.com)

1 day ago #1003571

Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: barrymoreloans12@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Mr. Barry More.

Jul 02 #1002940

I have been trying to get a loan for some time now but i was unable to get a loan due to my credit score All other corporation/bank turned me down due to my credit score. Till i was introduced by a family friend to Nathan Dylan Services (NDS) and i was able to get a loan from them without any delay. So i am using this opportunity to inform everyone out there both individuals/company etc to contact this trust worthy firm were i was able to get my loan from to solve any financial issue you might be passing through now. If interested feel free to contact Mr. Dylan now via email (nathdylan@outlook.com) to obtain any amount of loan you need today and i assure you that they will fulfill your request and make your dreams come through and Please note, they give out loans to all parts of the world at low interest rate. Contact them now to get any type of loan you need now.
Thank you.
Mrs. Jucy Holmes.

Jun 30 #1001864

Guarantee Trust Offer brings to your attention the obtaining loans at 2% interest rates and secured
terms.We give quality services at a premium rate.you can get personal and business loans at an extended
duration even at bad credit history,there are options for you as well.Email:guaranteetrustoffer@gmail.com

Jun 30 #1001759

if you need a loan or financial assistance of any kind, contact me now with my email address :luckycreditfinance@gmail.com
Your problem of getting a loan will be solved, we offer short,medium and long term loans, contact us now and get your loan.
await your response.
contact us on email with :luckycreditfinance@gmail.com

Jun 28 #1000699

Thanks,
Mr. Barry More.

Jun 20 #997389

Do you need personal loan?
Need Business Loan?
Are you in need of a loan?
Do you want to pay your bills?
You want to be financially stable? email (jamesclarkloanfirm24@outlook.com) Fill out the application form. 1) Full name: 2) Country: 3) Status: 4) Address: 5) Sex: 6) Occupation: 7) Amount Needed: 8) Duration of loan: 9) The purpose of the loan: 10) Phone:

May 09 #981814 Wrexham, Wales

Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here, there are not legitimate and if they have a free email account tag i.e. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live etc then they are not legitimate. If they have telephone number with international dialing codes from Nigeria, India, UK, Singapore and France then you have to beware. A legitimate company would have a genuine website, personalized email address/account and based in the country they claim they are. I would recommend anyone looking a a serious/honest loan lender to visit: DAVID HERLEY FINANCE HOME BASED IN THE USA and their reputation speaks louder than others in the industry when it come to obtaining all kinds of loan, mortgage, debt consolidation and Real Estate Loans. Their full website information and contact details are tel no: +1 (321)-323-1809, Website: www.dherleyfinancehome.net or Email: loans@dherleyfinancehome.net located in Orlando, Florida. USA.

rcollins

May 09 #981811

May 08 #981442

Be careful here. Nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help. Any answer of a loan lender to your question, you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…well thank God for a Christian sister who referred me to a loan organization formed by some Christian Women Trust Fund. it is called Christian women Trust-funds Cooperative Organization (C.W.T.C.O) christainwomen.trustloanfirm@gmail.com They made my life a valuable one and gave it a meaning. When the sister gave me their contact, I contacted them. Then I requested for a loan with all the necessary evidence to prove that I actually needed a loan, they approved a loan of $250,000.00 USD in 48 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral. Though i was very nervous with the loan organization at first due to my previous bad experiences, especially when the issue of me settling the Registration charges came up, I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my relative referred me, got it cleared,and as God should have it, little did I know that my financial shortcomings has come to a final end. If not for that quick referral from a christian sister to this genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time i just divorced the father of my son, and my son (Kennett) was faced with a life and death situation. I was faced with his hospital
... Show more

kate

Feb 04 #940826

Good day everyone, I am Kate Davids by name, i am from of new york USA, i have been looking forward for a genuine loan company for the past 2 months and all i got was group of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they duped me of $5000 without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies on net again, because i never trusted any loan company again since i was scammed, so i went to borrow some money from a friend, i told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a loan company that can help me, that he just got a loan from them, he directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did as he told me, i applied, though i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise my loan was granted to me within 24 hours, i could not believe, i am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that upon this scams all over the places a genuine company like this still exist, please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of funds to contact (contact@haiyingonline.com ) or hai_ying43@yahoo.com)and be free from scams on the internet. they will never disappoint you.

aj

Feb 02 #939965 Pueblo, Colorado

i took out a loan 13 months ago for 3000.....paying 180 every month since then and i still owe over 3000....very disheartening...feels like i ll never get it paid off

Mark Williams

Dec 28, 2014 #922336 Boardman, Oregon

Wow! I can't still believe that I'm off depts and also set up a small business and even got my self a new truck. I can't thank you enough Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com for the sweet and nice loan you gave me in the past and now I would make sure I tell the whole word about your generosity and kindness towards the needing. I will also refer lots of friends and family members to you and I know they are going to get the best service ever. If you need a loan with good interest rate and good and genieu service contact Mr. Eugene via Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com

0 1 Reply
queenlsy

Dec 25, 2014 #920912

Do you need Loan to invest on business? You need a personal loan? In need of money to pay bills? If you are interested in getting a loan, contact us now: queenwilliam21@gmail.com

0 1 Reply
Terresa T

Dec 24, 2014 #920421

Good day everyone. I am Mr Gilbert Ruben ,A citizen of New York City, I will love to share this great testimony that took place in my life for everyone to know it and be partaker of it that is why I always place it on answer, I want to thank (Mr.John Morgan) for his kindness upon my life and my family. Just a few months Back, I was in search of a loan of $80,000,00usd as I was running out of money for my business and i could not pay my bills anymore. I was scammed $3,000usd and I decided not to get involve in such business again I never knew that a real loan lender like (Mr.John Morgan) still exist on internet and on earth here. until a Friend of mine introduced me to Mr.John Morgan loan firm due to my appearance and doings. At first I told him I was not interested in any loan deal anymore then he assure me that (Mr.John Morgan) is a genuine lender, though i never believed him, I made a trial and I am glad i did, I was given a loan amount of $80,000,00usd, by this Company (John Morgan Loan Firm) managed by (John Morgan) If you are in need of a genuine, legit loan or any financial assistance and you can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of the funds I will advice you to, contact him via:( john.morganloanfirm24@gmail.com) And you will be free from scams in the internet. All thanks to John. Morgan for bringing me and my family out of shame and poverty.I will never stop publishing
... Show more

Unhappy

Dec 04, 2014 #911103 Los Angeles, California

They are a TERRIBLE company. Some lady named Heather will make you jump through a million hoops, asking for info on anyone in your family for a cosign. I had finaly had it and told them to stop calling. They are the defintion of the devil walking the Earth, and Heather is Beezelebub!

williamsmartinez09

Nov 16, 2014 #901031

This is to announce to the General public about a genuine lender online that helped me when i was in financial difficulties. I am Mrs Adams Helen living in usa. I was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance my business and also to buy a home. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, i was introduced to a private loan lender by names Mr. Williams Martinez who gave me a loan of $500,000USD and today my business has improved and I'm now a owner of a home. So, I'm here to let you know that if you must contact any firm with reference in getting a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr.Williams Martinez. He doesn't know that I'm doing this but i will like others to know that there are still some good persons out there who is still willing to assist those in financial difficulties so i decided to let people know more about him. You can contact him through his email {Ultimateloanfirm@hotmail.com} to get a genuine loan offer today.

doro smith

Oct 10, 2014 #882804

Hello,
I am Mr. Doro Smith loans Service Lender, we are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution? Doro Smith loans Service is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 5% interest rate. If interested, contact us immediately via email,(dorosmithloanfirm@outlook.com)

1-20 of 140 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.