Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

Apr 10, 2011

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

61b0e46
Review #231576
1.3
I had the same issue 18
Had an experience with Springleaf Financial?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
paul warburg

Jul 17

I have never seen so many inbred retards on one site in my life! thank god I do not need or use credit. if I need money for something, like a business I go to a financial backer with my financial statement, and once they see I know how to handle my assets with no liabilities, they are more than happy to become my partner. thank god I'm rich and smart!

May 27

Good day,
We offer a variety of loans to individuals (personal loan) and cooperate bodies at an interest rate of 3% per annul.This is to help you meet your financial obligations, especially with the ongoing global financial crisis. You can borrow from 5000 to 10,000,000 (pounds, euros or dollars) For further inquiries, please contact us via e-mail (majorbizlimited@yeah.net) Regards. hope to hear from you soonest
God Bless You.
Mr Martins Cole
MD/CEO

miss monica

Jan 28

To whom it may concern,
I am Mrs Jessica Vergas,i and my husband just got a
loan from this company called MISS MONICA HOUSE OF LOAN INVESTMENT without
we being scammed.i am so happy that after all this years we can still
find our feet back again.i am so happy that now that we do not have a
job we can find a way to live again and i want to tell every body that if you need financial help you can contact them via email at missmonicahouseofloan@gmail.com. Thanks for listen, may God help you too. Regards, Mrs Jessica Vergas

pirex collins

Dec 21, 2013

Do you need a fast and easy loan at an
affordable interest rate of 2%? contact us
today. We offer both personal and business
loan to any interested individual or company
who will be able to pay back the loan when
due for repayment. We give out loan from
the range of
$2,000 and above. To
apply email us back with the required
information bellow. Email:
pirexcollinsloan@gmail.com
Full name:
country:
Address:
Tel number:
Amount needed:
Duration of loan:
NOTE: We only give out loan to clients who
are trust worthy and will be able to pay back
the loan when due for repayment.

0 1 Reply
Mrs Lilient

Nov 28, 2013

Good Day Sir/Madam:

Getting a legitimate loan have always been a huge problem To clients who have financial problem and need solution to it. The issue of credit and collateral are something that clients are always worried about when seeking a loan from a legitimate lender. But.. we have made that difference in the lending industry. We can arrange for a loan from the range of $2,500. to $500,000.000

Our Services Include the Following:
Loan for any kinds
Family loan
Xmas Loan
E.T.C

No social security and no credit check, 100% Guarantee. All you have to do is let us know exactly what you want and we will surely make your dream come true. ( CAMERON FINANCE LTD.). says YES when your banks say NO. Lastly, we fund small scale loan firm, intermediaries, small scale financial institutions for we have unlimited capital. For further details to go about procuring a loan contact us, Kindly respond immediately to this email: CameronFinancialLoanltd@execs.com

Note that loan is given out in 2% interest rate yearly, kindly get back to us now if interested.

Best Regards.
Mrs. Lilient Itua
Address.HEAD OFFICE;Bolton Road, Bradshaw, Greater Manchester, BL2 3EU UNITED KINGDOM
+447024043145

Ms Pissed

Nov 14, 2013

I can not stand this place . I got a loan for my sister and help pay the loan as well. I am a little late and I do owe half of Oct payment $80.00 and Nov is not due until the end of the month which will be paid up then. But they called my cell phone twice, and 4 people I had on application for reference purpose only. I was upset b
ecause out of those references is my 88 year old grandmother who thought I was hurt or dead on how they called. I called them back and cussed them out for calling all these people for $80. I know people prob owe thousands!
After this loan is paid in full I hope they stay out of my life and go out of business!

tired of deadbeats

Oct 04, 2013

how could you NOT know you had a judgement placed against you. in ordered to get a judgement, Springleaf would've had to take you to small claims court. to do that you would have been serviced notice to appear in court. a judge cannot redender a judgement unless you had been properly served. so you were more than likely served and ignored it and your failure to appear lead to a judgement against you. you play the victim well, but the fact of the matter is, you borrowered money and had a responsibility to pay it based on the terms of your agreement with Springleaf which you ignored too. PAY YOUR BILLS and none of this happens.

Paralegal who Knows Springleaf

Oct 25, 2013

In bankruptcy law, we have had more experiences with Springleaf being scuzball loan sharks. They harass our clients, drive by their houses to scream at children playing in their parent's yard, and are typically one of the worst places our clients have dealt with.

As far as getting served with a lawsuit, if you make a payment arrangement with an attorney, that must be recorded along with a lawsuit. If that information is given to the judge, as is required by law, a judgement won't be entered unless the creditor proves the payment arrangement was not honored. All the creditor has to do is "try" to serve the debtor or report to the court that they did put in the mail, etc. It's rarely properly done and costs the debtor tons of money.

Jun 02

That's not true you ***! You do not have to go to small claims court for a judgment. Quit being a butt kisser all your life. Do your homework first or sounds like to me you just may work for them. They changed their name because they were getting too many complaints about the way they were servicing their loans. So to keep a good scoring with the Better Business Bureau, they had to change the name. Name change same old dumb stuff. And if someone wants to file a judgment against you all they have to do is file it as public notice and the way you find out is when you go to apply for another loan of some sort. It's not illegal what their doing, it's just call not having integrity or character. And it sounds like to me you fit the bill for both. Oh and by the way my name is Mrs. Meredith for those who want or need to know.

Mr Donald Williams

Sep 24, 2013 Delhi, Delhi

FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM
HEAD OFFICE --Dalston 18 Ashwin Street London E8 3DL United Kingdom
EMAIL--fairfinanceloanfirm@mail.com

-------------------------------------------------------
FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM we are certified loan lending company We provide loans Since money have been a major problem in our day to day life,
We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our
priority.
FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM is a United Kingdom based loan firm with lending license.
===========================================================
Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business,

FAIR FINANCE LOAN FIRM offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from
$1,000 to $50,000,000.

* Are you financially Squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
* Do you seek funding for various other processes?
==================================================
*Student Loan and many more... ... Show more

ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANC

Aug 16, 2013 Delhi, Delhi

ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM
HEAD OFFICE--High Street, Abbotsley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6UJ UNITED KINGDOM
EMAIL--stmargaretchurchloanfirm@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM Is specialized in providing loans, Since money have been a major
problem in our day today life,
We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and
maximum security is our
priority. ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE is a UK based loan firm with
lending license.
===========================================================
Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business,
ST MARGARET CHURCH LOAN FINANCE FIRM offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from
$1,000 to $50,000,000.
We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
* Are you financially Squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
* Do you seek funding for various other processes?
==================================================
*Investments Loans.... Show more

marian lawson

Aug 01, 2013

MARIAN LAWSON TRUST LOAN FIRM

We are a fully registered loan agency, we give out loans to all in need of help
across the globe. Our loan takes a maximum of 1 working days to get to approved
to customers across the globe. We offer lowest interest rate 2% and its fixed
with best match loan including loans for applicants with impaired or bad
credit, Pay off existing debts, reduce your monthly outgoings by consolidating
any existing personal loans and credit card debts. Our offer loan amount ranging
from $5,000.00 to a maximum of $10 billion and above for investment and paying up bill's.

Please fill in the short form below

Full Name:

Amount Needed:

Loan Duration:

Purpose of Loan:

Country of Residence:

Mobile No:

In acknowledgment to these details,We will send you a well calculated
Terms and Conditions which will include the agreement. CONTACT US via email
marianlawsonloanfirm@live.com

Best Regards
marian lawson loan

unbelievable

Jul 17, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

I bought a house . owner financed . I had filed bankruptcy in 1987 because of a garage business gone bad . No credit , had good job . in 1998 my owner {financer } became desperate for money . I owed them 125,000 . I went to American General for help . They told me about what they could loan .I went to the owner & told them I could come up with 50,000 . They took it . American general drove about 200 miles all together to deliver the check & get all the dead work done .I was never late on my payments . A year later , I bought another garage , owner financed . 5years pass & the owner dies .His wife called the loan . American General leaned over backwards for me . Once again I bargained with the owner and American General paid the lady 72,000 . 2 years later I sold the garage paying my house off . Not only did American general help me in needed times they boosted my credit sky high . Unbelievable

Zack

Oct 31, 2013

Yes and you can come by and see my 3 legged goat that lays eggs.

1 0 Reply
JoeAtWork7

May 06, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

I not only got a loan through Springleaf (and American General prior to their switch), I've paid them off and come back. The interest rate is high, but when your credit is poor, you don't have much of a choice.

I found the experience to be quite easy, I dealt with a local branch (so I can address any rude airs directly) and have NEVER had a problem.

Their contract was straight forward and simple. Maybe it's different for different areas, but mine equated to a high interest rate over a period of time. I think I did 24% for 2 years.

For a $1,000 loan, it worked out that I ended up paying them $240 extra...regardless of my approach. Although expensive, that seemed fine to me.

The only complaints I've seen are from people who've had problems paying. Since I haven't truly gotten "in-dutch" with them, I can't speak to that overly...I've never been more than 30 days late.

When I am late, they call and I let them know when I expect I can pay...they call the day after if I don't and I explain and extend if needed.

I can't speak to other people's experience, but I tend to be an horses-*** myself when people neglect to follow through on their agreements.

And, just to be clear, I don't work for them...I'm a software developer for another non-related company. I owe them $900+ on my last loan and (unfortunately) might need to increase that.

Thanks,... Show more

1 0 Reply
car loan

Mar 20, 2013 Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Very happy I looked this up on the internet. Was going to get a car loan but not no more. I'll stay with Wells Fargo.

I have a personal loan for 2 years & will do my best to pay extra on each payment to get done prior. I know you have to pay extra when you have bad credit so I was grateful for the loan even though the interest is high.

Thanks for all your help!!! ,)

Your Dumb

Mar 06, 2013 West Palm Beach, Florida

Sorry to tell you bub but if you really would believe that when you get a legal document from the court you don't have to go to wherever they told your *** to be than it's absolutely your fault and not Springleaf's. It was your ignorance of the law it was that you were just ignorant. What would make you think a bank can tell you they will cancel a court date.???? How *** are americans

Don't judge

May 06, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Hey, "bub" just because one guy is ***, don't assume all Americans are!

You know it's bad when you have a maple-leaf insulting your smarts, eh?

hehe

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER

Feb 08, 2013 Charlotte, North Carolina

THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF SCAMS DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THEM IF YOU ARE 2 DAYS BEHIND THEY *** YOU NOT EVEN GIVING YOU A WEEK TO PAY. THEY SCAMMED ME OUT OF HUNDREDS OF EXTRA DOLLARS BY TELLING ME I HAD TO HAVE INSURANCE ON THE LOAN WHICH I COME TO FIND OUT THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO. I TOLD THEM I'M PAYING OFF MY LOAN 15 MONTHS EARLY WHICH WILL CAUSE THEM TO LOOSE INTEREST. THEY TRIED TO CONVINCE ME I HAD TO PAY MY OTHER BILLS FIRST JUST SO THEY COULD MAKE MONEY OFF OF ME...VERY MONEY GREEDY ,MANIPULATING COMPANY.I TELL ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT. :?

Showing 1-20 of 117 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Springleaf Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×