Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

review #231576
486 178 Helpful?
Had the same issue84 Comments131
Had an experience with Springleaf Financial?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

May 09 #981814 Wrexham, Wales

Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here, there are not legitimate and if they have a free email account tag i.e. yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live etc then they are not legitimate. If they have telephone number with international dialing codes from Nigeria, India, UK, Singapore and France then you have to beware. A legitimate company would have a genuine website, personalized email address/account and based in the country they claim they are. I would recommend anyone looking a a serious/honest loan lender to visit: DAVID HERLEY FINANCE HOME BASED IN THE USA and their reputation speaks louder than others in the industry when it come to obtaining all kinds of loan, mortgage, debt consolidation and Real Estate Loans. Their full website information and contact details are tel no: +1 (321)-323-1809, Website: www.dherleyfinancehome.net or Email: loans@dherleyfinancehome.net located in Orlando, Florida. USA.

rcollins

May 09 #981811

May 08 #981442

Be careful here. Nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help. Any answer of a loan lender to your question, you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…well thank God for a Christian sister who referred me to a loan organization formed by some Christian Women Trust Fund. it is called Christian women Trust-funds Cooperative Organization (C.W.T.C.O) christainwomen.trustloanfirm@gmail.com They made my life a valuable one and gave it a meaning. When the sister gave me their contact, I contacted them. Then I requested for a loan with all the necessary evidence to prove that I actually needed a loan, they approved a loan of $250,000.00 USD in 48 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral. Though i was very nervous with the loan organization at first due to my previous bad experiences, especially when the issue of me settling the Registration charges came up, I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my relative referred me, got it cleared,and as God should have it, little did I know that my financial shortcomings has come to a final end. If not for that quick referral from a christian sister to this genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time i just divorced the father of my son, and my son (Kennett) was faced with a life and death situation. I was faced with his hospital
... Show more

kate

Feb 04 #940826

Good day everyone, I am Kate Davids by name, i am from of new york USA, i have been looking forward for a genuine loan company for the past 2 months and all i got was group of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they duped me of $5000 without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies on net again, because i never trusted any loan company again since i was scammed, so i went to borrow some money from a friend, i told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a loan company that can help me, that he just got a loan from them, he directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did as he told me, i applied, though i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise my loan was granted to me within 24 hours, i could not believe, i am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that upon this scams all over the places a genuine company like this still exist, please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of funds to contact (contact@haiyingonline.com ) or hai_ying43@yahoo.com)and be free from scams on the internet. they will never disappoint you.

aj

Feb 02 #939965 Pueblo, Colorado

i took out a loan 13 months ago for 3000.....paying 180 every month since then and i still owe over 3000....very disheartening...feels like i ll never get it paid off

Mark Williams

Dec 28, 2014 #922336 Boardman, Oregon

Wow! I can't still believe that I'm off depts and also set up a small business and even got my self a new truck. I can't thank you enough Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com for the sweet and nice loan you gave me in the past and now I would make sure I tell the whole word about your generosity and kindness towards the needing. I will also refer lots of friends and family members to you and I know they are going to get the best service ever. If you need a loan with good interest rate and good and genieu service contact Mr. Eugene via Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com

queenlsy

Dec 25, 2014 #920912

Do you need Loan to invest on business? You need a personal loan? In need of money to pay bills? If you are interested in getting a loan, contact us now: queenwilliam21@gmail.com

Terresa T

Dec 24, 2014 #920421

Good day everyone. I am Mr Gilbert Ruben ,A citizen of New York City, I will love to share this great testimony that took place in my life for everyone to know it and be partaker of it that is why I always place it on answer, I want to thank (Mr.John Morgan) for his kindness upon my life and my family. Just a few months Back, I was in search of a loan of $80,000,00usd as I was running out of money for my business and i could not pay my bills anymore. I was scammed $3,000usd and I decided not to get involve in such business again I never knew that a real loan lender like (Mr.John Morgan) still exist on internet and on earth here. until a Friend of mine introduced me to Mr.John Morgan loan firm due to my appearance and doings. At first I told him I was not interested in any loan deal anymore then he assure me that (Mr.John Morgan) is a genuine lender, though i never believed him, I made a trial and I am glad i did, I was given a loan amount of $80,000,00usd, by this Company (John Morgan Loan Firm) managed by (John Morgan) If you are in need of a genuine, legit loan or any financial assistance and you can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of the funds I will advice you to, contact him via:( john.morganloanfirm24@gmail.com) And you will be free from scams in the internet. All thanks to John. Morgan for bringing me and my family out of shame and poverty.I will never stop publishing
... Show more

Unhappy

Dec 04, 2014 #911103 Los Angeles, California

They are a TERRIBLE company. Some lady named Heather will make you jump through a million hoops, asking for info on anyone in your family for a cosign. I had finaly had it and told them to stop calling. They are the defintion of the devil walking the Earth, and Heather is Beezelebub!

williamsmartinez09

Nov 16, 2014 #901031

This is to announce to the General public about a genuine lender online that helped me when i was in financial difficulties. I am Mrs Adams Helen living in usa. I was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance my business and also to buy a home. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, i was introduced to a private loan lender by names Mr. Williams Martinez who gave me a loan of $500,000USD and today my business has improved and I'm now a owner of a home. So, I'm here to let you know that if you must contact any firm with reference in getting a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr.Williams Martinez. He doesn't know that I'm doing this but i will like others to know that there are still some good persons out there who is still willing to assist those in financial difficulties so i decided to let people know more about him. You can contact him through his email {Ultimateloanfirm@hotmail.com} to get a genuine loan offer today.

doro smith

Oct 10, 2014 #882804

Hello,
I am Mr. Doro Smith loans Service Lender, we are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution? Doro Smith loans Service is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 5% interest rate. If interested, contact us immediately via email,(dorosmithloanfirm@outlook.com)

Multi Credit

Oct 02, 2014 #878775

LOAN SERVICE OFFER, APPLY NOW AND GET APPROVED WITHOUT STRESS OR DELAY.
We are MULTI CREDIT FINANCE; we are Legitimate/Accredited Loan Company & we are fully licensed by the Government to grant loans and offer other credit facilities to both local and international customers. We offer loans to individuals and co-operate bodies in need of financial assistance. Do you have bad credit OR are you in need of money to pay bills? Do you need business loan? We offer ALL KINDS of loan at 2% interest rate to reliable & serious individuals or companies! Get back to us if interested & upon your response; you'll be mailed a Loan application form to fill (No social security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed!) We Look forward hear from interested borrower!!!! Interested person can contact us via E-mail: {multicreditfinance@gmail.com}
MULTI CREDIT FINANCE TEAM.

1 0 Reply
cj20158

Aug 23, 2014 #860379 Usaquen, Bogota

So many answers, to find the right answer and to find a good and trusted loan lender online is very rare as a result of that, so many numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender. I'm posting this information to whosoever that is in need of loan for establishment, debt consolidation loan, business loan, personal loan, home loan and loan for any other purposes. Mrs Giselle Dawn referred me to Mr Crist Luis, I thought it was a joke and one of those numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender, I contacted Mr Crist Luis and he processed my application and helped me out with a loan sum of $300,000.00.
I'm glad to let you all know that I have been able to pay my bills, start up my fashion designing business with the loan Mr Crist Luis gave me. I am recommending anyone who is interested in getting a loan to kindly contact them now to obtain a fast and easy loan. Email: cristluisloanservices@outlook.com Endeavor to inform him that I Casey Julie referred you because they only attend to those who are referred to them. Greetings.

0 4 Reply
happy consumer

Aug 16, 2014 #857233

I have been dealing with them for years and have had zero issues. I use them because I cant stand the hassle that I get from banks. I call them in the morning and by that afternoon I have the cash I want. The only calls I have ever gotten from them are very courteous thanking me for being a valued customer and asking if I would like more money. :) I guess when you honor your responsibilities things tend to go without incident.

5 0 Reply
Cher

Aug 24, 2014 #860987 , Curaçao

Hello, who are they. And where could I reach them. Do you need to pay upfront fees?
Looking forward to your response.

mary

Jul 25, 2014 #845570 Manhattan, New York

Are you looking for a quick loan to start a business contact Heather perkins on heatherperkinsloanlender@gmail.com for your loan who make me what i am today and am so happy with what this man did for me and my family by following the details below and your problem will be solve
Name:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Address:
Country: Purposes: Phone number: I assured you once you follow her instruction you will get your loan just as i got mine too because she is a good person to work with as a company or business man and woman contact her now and she God fearing and also a devoted christian.

paul warburg

Jul 17, 2014 #842018

I have never seen so many inbred retards on one site in my life! thank god I do not need or use credit. if I need money for something, like a business I go to a financial backer with my financial statement, and once they see I know how to handle my assets with no liabilities, they are more than happy to become my partner. thank god I'm rich and smart!

1 5 Reply

Jul 28, 2014 #847029

You are a despicable and awful person. AND a liar! If your dumb *** was rich you would not be reading reviews on loan companies. Loser!

7 0 Reply

May 27, 2014 #820500

Good day,
We offer a variety of loans to individuals (personal loan) and cooperate bodies at an interest rate of 3% per annul.This is to help you meet your financial obligations, especially with the ongoing global financial crisis. You can borrow from 5000 to 10,000,000 (pounds, euros or dollars) For further inquiries, please contact us via e-mail (majorbizlimited@yeah.net) Regards. hope to hear from you soonest
God Bless You.
Mr Martins Cole
MD/CEO

miss monica

Jan 28, 2014 #779297

To whom it may concern,
I am Mrs Jessica Vergas,i and my husband just got a
loan from this company called MISS MONICA HOUSE OF LOAN INVESTMENT without
we being scammed.i am so happy that after all this years we can still
find our feet back again.i am so happy that now that we do not have a
job we can find a way to live again and i want to tell every body that if you need financial help you can contact them via email at missmonicahouseofloan@gmail.com. Thanks for listen, may God help you too. Regards, Mrs Jessica Vergas

1-20 of 131 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.