Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

Issue not resolved

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

f29fe80 review #231576
168 Helpful? 482
Had the same issue59 Comments126 Report
Had an experience with Springleaf Financial?  Submit review about this company
Mark Williams

Dec 28, 2014 Boardman, Oregon

Wow! I can't still believe that I'm off depts and also set up a small business and even got my self a new truck. I can't thank you enough Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com for the sweet and nice loan you gave me in the past and now I would make sure I tell the whole word about your generosity and kindness towards the needing. I will also refer lots of friends and family members to you and I know they are going to get the best service ever. If you need a loan with good interest rate and good and genieu service contact Mr. Eugene via Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com

queenlsy

Dec 25, 2014

Do you need Loan to invest on business? You need a personal loan? In need of money to pay bills? If you are interested in getting a loan, contact us now: queenwilliam21@gmail.com

Terresa T

Dec 24, 2014

Good day everyone. I am Mr Gilbert Ruben ,A citizen of New York City, I will love to share this great testimony that took place in my life for everyone to know it and be partaker of it that is why I always place it on answer, I want to thank (Mr.John Morgan) for his kindness upon my life and my family. Just a few months Back, I was in search of a loan of $80,000,00usd as I was running out of money for my business and i could not pay my bills anymore. I was scammed $3,000usd and I decided not to get involve in such business again I never knew that a real loan lender like (Mr.John Morgan) still exist on internet and on earth here. until a Friend of mine introduced me to Mr.John Morgan loan firm due to my appearance and doings. At first I told him I was not interested in any loan deal anymore then he assure me that (Mr.John Morgan) is a genuine lender, though i never believed him, I made a trial and I am glad i did, I was given a loan amount of $80,000,00usd, by this Company (John Morgan Loan Firm) managed by (John Morgan) If you are in need of a genuine, legit loan or any financial assistance and you can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of the funds I will advice you to, contact him via:( john.morganloanfirm24@gmail.com) And you will be free from scams in the internet. All thanks to John. Morgan for bringing me and my family out of shame and poverty.I will never stop publishing
... Show more

Unhappy

Dec 04, 2014 Los Angeles, California

They are a TERRIBLE company. Some lady named Heather will make you jump through a million hoops, asking for info on anyone in your family for a cosign. I had finaly had it and told them to stop calling. They are the defintion of the devil walking the Earth, and Heather is Beezelebub!

williamsmartinez09

Nov 16, 2014

This is to announce to the General public about a genuine lender online that helped me when i was in financial difficulties. I am Mrs Adams Helen living in usa. I was stuck in a financial situation and i needed to refinance my business and also to buy a home. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, i was introduced to a private loan lender by names Mr. Williams Martinez who gave me a loan of $500,000USD and today my business has improved and I'm now a owner of a home. So, I'm here to let you know that if you must contact any firm with reference in getting a loan with low interest rate of 3% and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr.Williams Martinez. He doesn't know that I'm doing this but i will like others to know that there are still some good persons out there who is still willing to assist those in financial difficulties so i decided to let people know more about him. You can contact him through his email {Ultimateloanfirm@hotmail.com} to get a genuine loan offer today.

doro smith

Oct 10, 2014

Hello,
I am Mr. Doro Smith loans Service Lender, we are a legit, registered and guaranteed loan company and we give out loans to individuals, companies, government establishments, churches and business organizations and people of all sorts. Are you in need of a loan for any purpose? Are you in a financial problem? Do you need financial solution? Doro Smith loans Service is the solution to all your financial problems, our loans are easy, cheap, and quick. Contact us today for that loan that you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at only 5% interest rate. If interested, contact us immediately via email,(dorosmithloanfirm@outlook.com)

Multi Credit

Oct 02, 2014

LOAN SERVICE OFFER, APPLY NOW AND GET APPROVED WITHOUT STRESS OR DELAY.
We are MULTI CREDIT FINANCE; we are Legitimate/Accredited Loan Company & we are fully licensed by the Government to grant loans and offer other credit facilities to both local and international customers. We offer loans to individuals and co-operate bodies in need of financial assistance. Do you have bad credit OR are you in need of money to pay bills? Do you need business loan? We offer ALL KINDS of loan at 2% interest rate to reliable & serious individuals or companies! Get back to us if interested & upon your response; you'll be mailed a Loan application form to fill (No social security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed!) We Look forward hear from interested borrower!!!! Interested person can contact us via E-mail: {multicreditfinance@gmail.com}
MULTI CREDIT FINANCE TEAM.

cj20158

Aug 23, 2014 Usaquen, Bogota

So many answers, to find the right answer and to find a good and trusted loan lender online is very rare as a result of that, so many numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender. I'm posting this information to whosoever that is in need of loan for establishment, debt consolidation loan, business loan, personal loan, home loan and loan for any other purposes. Mrs Giselle Dawn referred me to Mr Crist Luis, I thought it was a joke and one of those numerous fraudster that claims to be a true lender, I contacted Mr Crist Luis and he processed my application and helped me out with a loan sum of $300,000.00.
I'm glad to let you all know that I have been able to pay my bills, start up my fashion designing business with the loan Mr Crist Luis gave me. I am recommending anyone who is interested in getting a loan to kindly contact them now to obtain a fast and easy loan. Email: cristluisloanservices@outlook.com Endeavor to inform him that I Casey Julie referred you because they only attend to those who are referred to them. Greetings.

0 4 Reply
happy consumer

Aug 16, 2014

I have been dealing with them for years and have had zero issues. I use them because I cant stand the hassle that I get from banks. I call them in the morning and by that afternoon I have the cash I want. The only calls I have ever gotten from them are very courteous thanking me for being a valued customer and asking if I would like more money. :) I guess when you honor your responsibilities things tend to go without incident.

3 0 Reply
Cher

Aug 24, 2014 , Curaçao

Hello, who are they. And where could I reach them. Do you need to pay upfront fees?
Looking forward to your response.

mary

Jul 25, 2014 Manhattan, New York

Are you looking for a quick loan to start a business contact Heather perkins on heatherperkinsloanlender@gmail.com for your loan who make me what i am today and am so happy with what this man did for me and my family by following the details below and your problem will be solve
Name:
Amount Needed:
Duration:
Address:
Country: Purposes: Phone number: I assured you once you follow her instruction you will get your loan just as i got mine too because she is a good person to work with as a company or business man and woman contact her now and she God fearing and also a devoted christian.

paul warburg

Jul 17, 2014

I have never seen so many inbred retards on one site in my life! thank god I do not need or use credit. if I need money for something, like a business I go to a financial backer with my financial statement, and once they see I know how to handle my assets with no liabilities, they are more than happy to become my partner. thank god I'm rich and smart!

1 5 Reply

Jul 28, 2014

You are a despicable and awful person. AND a liar! If your dumb *** was rich you would not be reading reviews on loan companies. Loser!

6 0 Reply

May 27, 2014

Good day,
We offer a variety of loans to individuals (personal loan) and cooperate bodies at an interest rate of 3% per annul.This is to help you meet your financial obligations, especially with the ongoing global financial crisis. You can borrow from 5000 to 10,000,000 (pounds, euros or dollars) For further inquiries, please contact us via e-mail (majorbizlimited@yeah.net) Regards. hope to hear from you soonest
God Bless You.
Mr Martins Cole
MD/CEO

miss monica

Jan 28, 2014

To whom it may concern,
I am Mrs Jessica Vergas,i and my husband just got a
loan from this company called MISS MONICA HOUSE OF LOAN INVESTMENT without
we being scammed.i am so happy that after all this years we can still
find our feet back again.i am so happy that now that we do not have a
job we can find a way to live again and i want to tell every body that if you need financial help you can contact them via email at missmonicahouseofloan@gmail.com. Thanks for listen, may God help you too. Regards, Mrs Jessica Vergas

pirex collins

Dec 21, 2013

Do you need a fast and easy loan at an
affordable interest rate of 2%? contact us
today. We offer both personal and business
loan to any interested individual or company
who will be able to pay back the loan when
due for repayment. We give out loan from
the range of
$2,000 and above. To
apply email us back with the required
information bellow. Email:
pirexcollinsloan@gmail.com
Full name:
country:
Address:
Tel number:
Amount needed:
Duration of loan:
NOTE: We only give out loan to clients who
are trust worthy and will be able to pay back
the loan when due for repayment.

Mrs Lilient

Nov 28, 2013

Good Day Sir/Madam:

Getting a legitimate loan have always been a huge problem To clients who have financial problem and need solution to it. The issue of credit and collateral are something that clients are always worried about when seeking a loan from a legitimate lender. But.. we have made that difference in the lending industry. We can arrange for a loan from the range of $2,500. to $500,000.000

Our Services Include the Following:
Loan for any kinds
Family loan
Xmas Loan
E.T.C

No social security and no credit check, 100% Guarantee. All you have to do is let us know exactly what you want and we will surely make your dream come true. ( CAMERON FINANCE LTD.). says YES when your banks say NO. Lastly, we fund small scale loan firm, intermediaries, small scale financial institutions for we have unlimited capital. For further details to go about procuring a loan contact us, Kindly respond immediately to this email: CameronFinancialLoanltd@execs.com

Note that loan is given out in 2% interest rate yearly, kindly get back to us now if interested.

Best Regards.
Mrs. Lilient Itua
Address.HEAD OFFICE;Bolton Road, Bradshaw, Greater Manchester, BL2 3EU UNITED KINGDOM
+447024043145

Ms Pissed

Nov 14, 2013

I can not stand this place . I got a loan for my sister and help pay the loan as well. I am a little late and I do owe half of Oct payment $80.00 and Nov is not due until the end of the month which will be paid up then. But they called my cell phone twice, and 4 people I had on application for reference purpose only. I was upset b
ecause out of those references is my 88 year old grandmother who thought I was hurt or dead on how they called. I called them back and cussed them out for calling all these people for $80. I know people prob owe thousands!
After this loan is paid in full I hope they stay out of my life and go out of business!

tired of deadbeats

Oct 04, 2013

how could you NOT know you had a judgement placed against you. in ordered to get a judgement, Springleaf would've had to take you to small claims court. to do that you would have been serviced notice to appear in court. a judge cannot redender a judgement unless you had been properly served. so you were more than likely served and ignored it and your failure to appear lead to a judgement against you. you play the victim well, but the fact of the matter is, you borrowered money and had a responsibility to pay it based on the terms of your agreement with Springleaf which you ignored too. PAY YOUR BILLS and none of this happens.

3 0 Reply
Paralegal who Knows Springleaf

Oct 25, 2013

In bankruptcy law, we have had more experiences with Springleaf being scuzball loan sharks. They harass our clients, drive by their houses to scream at children playing in their parent's yard, and are typically one of the worst places our clients have dealt with.

As far as getting served with a lawsuit, if you make a payment arrangement with an attorney, that must be recorded along with a lawsuit. If that information is given to the judge, as is required by law, a judgement won't be entered unless the creditor proves the payment arrangement was not honored. All the creditor has to do is "try" to serve the debtor or report to the court that they did put in the mail, etc. It's rarely properly done and costs the debtor tons of money.

1-20 of 126 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.