Springleaf Financial - Never get a loan from Springleaf aka American General

They were called American General Finances when I started dealing with them but I guess they just changed their name to Springleaf. I guess because some marketing expert determined that the name "Springleaf" is a better one to deceive people into thinking they have better business practices than the MOB, which they do not. Their website makes them appear all warm and friendly and they have pictures of little girls with watermelons. Do NOT be fooled!! They are ruthless, vicious SOB's and they will harass the snot out of you if you are so much as two days late.

First off, if you really carefully read the papers they have you sign, which I did not, because like most of their victims, errrr I mean clients, I was in desperate need of a loan. But if you do really read them, which I did too late, they are some really intentense paperwork. AGF aka Springleaf is basically asking you to sell your soul.

So far I'm speaking in generalities so let me be more specific: Last summer I was on temporary unemployment. I knew in all likelihood I'd be able to have my job back in the fall so I called them and told them my situation, and asked if I could have make reduced payments until September. Of course they were all warm and friendly and nice about it on the phone, and agreed. Then September comes around and go back to the regular payments. A couple days after I made my payment I get a phone call from someone at American General who is not so nice and friendly. In a very rude tone, she says, "So, when are you going to pay the rest of what you owe us?" To which I say, "What do you mean?" And she says, "All we had was a verbal agreement for you to temporary pay us a reduced rate, but you still owe us the full amount." Of course they never told me this! They led me to believe I could pay interest only payments for a couple months and then just go right back to full payments. But instead, they were now telling me I owed them everything I was suppossed to have paid them over the summer PLUS my regular payments. I was a little rude back, because I was annoyed. "Listen! I don't have that kind of money! I was on unemployment for the summer! Where do you expect me to come up with this money?!" I said. She told me that I had to pay x amount by such and such a time, or there'd be consequences. I continued to send in my regular payment plus whatever extra I could afford and I received constant phone calls four or five times a day, all of which I ignored, because I didn't have anything left to say to them. I was paying what I could pay.

Before long, my employer is telling me my wages are being garnished by American General. Turns out they had gotten a judgement against me the year before when I was also having a hard time paying them. I had no idea there had been a judgement against me. I had received a summons from the court, called them immediately to work out a payment plan. They used my ignorance of the law and court procedure against me. They allowed me to believe that when I started paying them the court order would be dropped. Of course it was not. They got a judgement against me, which of course they never bothered to mention, and so later when I was not able to pay the full amount again, suddenly my wages are being garnished.

I am now almost finished with the wage garnishment. I will be so thankful to have American General out of my life forever. But I want to make it my mission in life to warn everyone STAY AWAY FROM SPRINGLEAF! THEY ARE THE MOB!!!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 185 Yes 185 495 No 495
Had the same issue 99 Yes 99
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Michelle Chasity

Aug 26 #1025511

TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN MIRACULOUSLY FROM OWEN DAVIDSON LOAN COMPANY
Hello Everyone, I Michelle Chasity a single mom from melange in Luxembourg, i will like to share this great testimony on how i
got my loan from Owen Davidson Loan Company when we were driven out of our home when i couldn't pay my bills any more,
After been scammed by various companies on line and have been denied a loan by my bank and some other credit union i
visited. my children were taken by the foster care, i was all alone in the street. Until a day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Owen Davidson Loan Company At first i told her that i am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan on line any more, but she assured me that i will received my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness i took a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me i received a loan of $50,000.00 from (Owen Davidson Loan Company). Am happy i took the risk and applied for the loan. my kids have been given back to me and now i own a home and a business of my own. All gratitude goes to Owen Davidson Loan Company for giving a meaning to my life when i had lost all hope.So i will like to tell any one out there who is in need of help from a legit loan lender today you can contact Owen Davidson Loan Company through their email:{{owendavidsonloancompany1@gmail.com}} Michelle Chasity.

Aug 25 #1024310

Good day Loan Seekers Solution for your financial problems......
We are a fully registered and certified loan firm, that offers secured and unsecured loans to individuals and companies at a very low interest rate of 2%. We offer long and short term loans.Our company has recorded a lot of breakthroughs in the provision of first class financial services to our clients, especially in the area of Loan syndication and capital provision for individuals and companies. We have brought ailing industries back to life and we back good business ideas by providing funds for their up start. We have a network of Investors that are willing to provide funds of whatever amount to individuals and organizations to start business and operations.We are a group of energetic and experienced loan professionals with thorough knowledge of financial markets.In general we offer mortgages, home loans business loans and bad credit loans commercial loans, start-up- working capital loans construction loans car loans, hotel loans Xmas loans Our interest rate is 2% per annual repaid, our loan takes a maximum of 3 working days,to get to all approved customers across the globe.You can contact us via elvinloancompany@yahoo.com

Mrs Jenny Wilton

Aug 24 #1023761

TESTIMONY ON HOW I WAS RESCUED BY A GOD-SENT LENDER..
Hello everyone, am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what WILLIAM BURN LOAN COMPANY did for me and my family,
when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 3%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months,
all the lenders i meet are scammers who scammed me and took my hard earn money of $8000usd until I finally met a God sent Lender.
I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so, if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email , Mr William Burn via: {{williamburnloancompany@gmail.com}} and be free of internet scams. Jenny Wilton thanks... from California, USA.

Mrs Shela Spencer

Aug 24 #1023759

Hello Every One,
I am Mrs Shela Spencer From Ohio U.S.A, I quickly want
to use this medium to shear a testimony on how God directed me to a
Legit and real loan lender who have transformed my life from grass to
grace, from being poor to a rich woman who can now boast of a healthy
and wealthy life without stress or financial difficulties. After so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was scammed the sum of $20,000usd i became so desperate in getting a loan from a legit loan lender online who will not add to my pains, then i decided to contact a friend of mine who recently got a loan online, we discussed about the issue and to our conclusion she told me about a man called >>Mr William Burn<< who is the {{C.E.O of WILLIAM BURN LOAN COMPANY}} So i applied for a loan sum of (320,000.00USD) with low interest rate of 2%, so the loan was approved easily without stress and all the preparations where made concerning the loan transfer and in less than two(2) days the loan was deposited into my bank so i want to advice any one i need of a loan to quickly contact him via: {{{williamburnloancompany@gmail.com}}} he does not know am doing this i pray that God will bless him for the good thing he has done in my life. Thanks, Mrs Shela Spencer.........

Aug 22 #1023224

We are going through pretty much the same thing and after months of doing without food and having to leave home to be able to take care of my son. I finally desiderate to tell them I could not afford the payments and to come get the car that way I could move back home with my husband. After months of them threatening to come get it I willingly asked them to come get it and they refused . Told me to sale it for what I could. I asked what was the least they would take and they said I don't know for all we know all the windows are busted out. And said they were done arguing with me and hung up on me. I wasn't even arguing I was just asking a simple polite question so that they would get their money and we could get out from under the loan.

Aug 20 #1022096

We offer private, commercial and personal loans with very low annual interest rates as low as 2% in one year to 50 years repayment period anywhere in the world.
Email: joserichloanlender@yandex.com
FILL THE FORM credit form for details.
===============================
Borrower's Full Name:
Country: State: Contact Address: Contact your cell phone: Gender: Age: Amount needed as loan: Duration for Loan: Monthly revenue from ads: Loan Purpose: With best wishes, Mr. Jose Rich Loan Officer / CEO Reply by e-mail: (joserichloanlender@yandex.com)

Jul 27 #1012295

Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: david.mutukufinance60@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Mr David Mutuku.

Jul 07 #1004620

WELCOME TO ILLUMINATI,; The Club of the Rich and Famous; is the world oldest and largest fraternity made up of 3 Millions Members.We are one Family under one father who is the Super master of powers LORD LUCIFER. In Illuminati we believe that we were born in paradise and no member should struggle in this world. Hence all our new members are given Money Rewards once they join in order to upgrade their lifestyle.; interested call Boo for more info..+234753091900 and add us on whatsApp +234753091900 .

Jul 02 #1002940

I have been trying to get a loan for some time now but i was unable to get a loan due to my credit score All other corporation/bank turned me down due to my credit score. Till i was introduced by a family friend to Nathan Dylan Services (NDS) and i was able to get a loan from them without any delay. So i am using this opportunity to inform everyone out there both individuals/company etc to contact this trust worthy firm were i was able to get my loan from to solve any financial issue you might be passing through now. If interested feel free to contact Mr. Dylan now via email (nathdylan@outlook.com) to obtain any amount of loan you need today and i assure you that they will fulfill your request and make your dreams come through and Please note, they give out loans to all parts of the world at low interest rate. Contact them now to get any type of loan you need now.
Thank you.
Mrs. Jucy Holmes.

Jun 30 #1001864

Guarantee Trust Offer brings to your attention the obtaining loans at 2% interest rates and secured
terms.We give quality services at a premium rate.you can get personal and business loans at an extended
duration even at bad credit history,there are options for you as well.Email:guaranteetrustoffer@gmail.com

Jun 30 #1001759

if you need a loan or financial assistance of any kind, contact me now with my email address :luckycreditfinance@gmail.com
Your problem of getting a loan will be solved, we offer short,medium and long term loans, contact us now and get your loan.
await your response.
contact us on email with :luckycreditfinance@gmail.com

Jun 28 #1000699

Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: barrymoreloans12@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Mr. Barry More.

Jun 20 #997389

Do you need personal loan?
Need Business Loan?
Are you in need of a loan?
Do you want to pay your bills?
You want to be financially stable? email (jamesclarkloanfirm24@outlook.com) Fill out the application form. 1) Full name: 2) Country: 3) Status: 4) Address: 5) Sex: 6) Occupation: 7) Amount Needed: 8) Duration of loan: 9) The purpose of the loan: 10) Phone:

May 08 #981442

Be careful here. Nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help. Any answer of a loan lender to your question, you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars…well thank God for a Christian sister who referred me to a loan organization formed by some Christian Women Trust Fund. it is called Christian women Trust-funds Cooperative Organization (C.W.T.C.O) christainwomen.trustloanfirm@gmail.com They made my life a valuable one and gave it a meaning. When the sister gave me their contact, I contacted them. Then I requested for a loan with all the necessary evidence to prove that I actually needed a loan, they approved a loan of $250,000.00 USD in 48 hours after meeting up to their necessary requirements, my loan was deposited in my bank account without collateral. Though i was very nervous with the loan organization at first due to my previous bad experiences, especially when the issue of me settling the Registration charges came up, I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my relative referred me, got it cleared,and as God should have it, little did I know that my financial shortcomings has come to a final end. If not for that quick referral from a christian sister to this genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time i just divorced the father of my son, and my son (Kennett) was faced with a life and death situation. I was faced with his hospital
... Show more

kate

Feb 04 #940826

Good day everyone, I am Kate Davids by name, i am from of new york USA, i have been looking forward for a genuine loan company for the past 2 months and all i got was group of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they duped me of $5000 without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies on net again, because i never trusted any loan company again since i was scammed, so i went to borrow some money from a friend, i told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a loan company that can help me, that he just got a loan from them, he directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did as he told me, i applied, though i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise my loan was granted to me within 24 hours, i could not believe, i am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that upon this scams all over the places a genuine company like this still exist, please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of funds to contact (contact@haiyingonline.com ) or hai_ying43@yahoo.com)and be free from scams on the internet. they will never disappoint you.

aj

Feb 02 #939965 Pueblo, Colorado

i took out a loan 13 months ago for 3000.....paying 180 every month since then and i still owe over 3000....very disheartening...feels like i ll never get it paid off

Mark Williams

Dec 28, 2014 #922336 Boardman, Oregon

Wow! I can't still believe that I'm off depts and also set up a small business and even got my self a new truck. I can't thank you enough Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com for the sweet and nice loan you gave me in the past and now I would make sure I tell the whole word about your generosity and kindness towards the needing. I will also refer lots of friends and family members to you and I know they are going to get the best service ever. If you need a loan with good interest rate and good and genieu service contact Mr. Eugene via Dynamicloanoffer@gmail.com

0 1 Reply
queenlsy

Dec 25, 2014 #920912

Do you need Loan to invest on business? You need a personal loan? In need of money to pay bills? If you are interested in getting a loan, contact us now: queenwilliam21@gmail.com

0 1 Reply
Terresa T

Dec 24, 2014 #920421

Good day everyone. I am Mr Gilbert Ruben ,A citizen of New York City, I will love to share this great testimony that took place in my life for everyone to know it and be partaker of it that is why I always place it on answer, I want to thank (Mr.John Morgan) for his kindness upon my life and my family. Just a few months Back, I was in search of a loan of $80,000,00usd as I was running out of money for my business and i could not pay my bills anymore. I was scammed $3,000usd and I decided not to get involve in such business again I never knew that a real loan lender like (Mr.John Morgan) still exist on internet and on earth here. until a Friend of mine introduced me to Mr.John Morgan loan firm due to my appearance and doings. At first I told him I was not interested in any loan deal anymore then he assure me that (Mr.John Morgan) is a genuine lender, though i never believed him, I made a trial and I am glad i did, I was given a loan amount of $80,000,00usd, by this Company (John Morgan Loan Firm) managed by (John Morgan) If you are in need of a genuine, legit loan or any financial assistance and you can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of the funds I will advice you to, contact him via:( john.morganloanfirm24@gmail.com) And you will be free from scams in the internet. All thanks to John. Morgan for bringing me and my family out of shame and poverty.I will never stop publishing
... Show more

Unhappy

Dec 04, 2014 #911103 Los Angeles, California

They are a TERRIBLE company. Some lady named Heather will make you jump through a million hoops, asking for info on anyone in your family for a cosign. I had finaly had it and told them to stop calling. They are the defintion of the devil walking the Earth, and Heather is Beezelebub!

1-20 of 142 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Springleaf Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×